SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Friday galaxies, from NGC 5350 to 5371

gorann

Work is closed indefinitively so we have moved from the corona infested Oslo to our house on the Swedish countryside where I happen to have my obsys and where the sky happened to be totally clear of Friday. So I pointed towards these nice galaxies with both my 14" Meade ACF  (on Eq8 with my full spectrum modded Sony A7s) and my Esprit 150 (on the Mesu with ASI071) and grabbed 186 x 2 min with the Meade and 36 x 5 min with the Esprit, so totally 9.2 hours. I used the big SCT with its native FL of 3550 mm (f/10) fo obviously these are quite small galaxies (when seen from Earth that is😉). I used the Esprit data to make more of a wide field image and added the SCT data to the main galaxies. It was a nice clear night so guiding on both mounts were around 0.4"/pix RMS. That was needed since even with the large pixels (8.3 µm) of the Sony A7s, the long FL of the SCT gives an image scale of 0.49 "/pixel. I have now OAGs with Lodestar X2 on both mounts, which clearly helps - no more guide scopes for me.

Here are both the wider field provided by the Esprit and the SCT "close up":

20200314 NGC5353Esprit+MeadeRGB PS10(DSNR).jpg

20200313 NGC5353&Co PS28smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Goran, lovely wide field galaxy images..  hopefully the weather will be kind to you whilst you are off and looking forward to some more great images

Dave

Thanks Dave and yes, even if everything else are going to sh-t here and in the world right now the weather report indicates many clear nights later in the week, and there is no moon:hello2:. Not sure if I should say that nothing bad brings anything good, or how ever that goes.....🙄....