Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 LRGB Version 2

tomato

First off, I must give credit to Ivo Jager, who picked up on my post lamenting my processing skills and offered to put the data through the latest version of StarTools. This has yielded a much improved image in my opinion, more in line with what around 7.6 hrs of data should deliver.

Ivo noted something strange with the background noise, which he refers to as correlated on the Lum stack. This may be due how I was using dither on the dual rig, and possibly the impact of binning the data? I have posted separately on this topic in the Discussion forum.

He also took the time to explain the ST workflow which I can hopefully replicate on my next galaxy image. I'm still slogging through PI on the 45 day trial, but clearly I wasn't using ST to it's full potential.

Thanks for looking

NewComposite.jpg.b9a7434901b8ab064c966db105126b2f (3).jpg

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, Adam1234 said:

Incredible image 

Thanks for your comment and the ‘likes’, although I can’t take credit for the processing, I think it is the best image I’ve posted to date, and is more worthy of the array of kit that captured it. 

I am also chuffed that the data was captured from the soggy UK.👍

• Like 1