Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Steve 1962

Starlight Xpress OAG REDUCED

Posted (edited)

I've now sold almost all of my AP kit and only have the OAG left:

Starlight Xpress OAG - NOW REDUCED TO £75 inc UK P&P Please see here...https://www.sxccd.com/sx-usb-filter-wheel. This is designed to connect directly to the SX Filter Wheel - the M2.5 x 5 screws shown in the instructions are included - along with the original Allen key.

IMG_5295.thumb.JPG.16d00a42826733990e008a5ea41e8d37.JPG

IMG_5296.thumb.JPG.e85f3f0cdf78125596dae4711a399c8b.JPG

IMG_5297.thumb.JPG.4d2ff469825141640e5228cfba979efa.JPG

Edited by Steve 1962
Only the OAG remaining now!

wow...

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't do this, but I couldn't help myself and had to comment.....

That is a DREAM setup....I hope you win the lottery and change your mind and keep all your amazing kit....that must have been amassed over many years...good luck

:)

• Like 2

Thanks @oymd ! You're right - it is a dream setup and I'll be very sad to sell it ... but it's not a question of winning the lottery (although that would be very nice) - I simply don't have the time to make good use of it.

It's sacrilege to let it go unused ... and I hope someone buys it and gets as much pleasure out of it as I have!

Can you email me on <private contact details removed> as I would take the Aurora Cloud Sensor, if it is still available?

@Reckless69 best send a PM (personal message) and edit out your email address or it will get spammed to death

11 minutes ago, Reckless69 said:

Can you email me on <private contact details removed> as I would take the Aurora Cloud Sensor, if it is still available?

Private contact details removed. Please use the private message service for initial contact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omo said:

@Reckless69 best send a PM (personal message) and edit out your email address or it will get spammed to death

Beat you to it.

@Reckless69

Thanks for your interest. 

As I said in the ad - I don't intend to sell anything until the scope and mount have gone - but if you like I'll add you to the list for the cloud sensor and will contact you if it doesn't go as part of a bundle.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes please if you could get in touch if it doesn’t sell with the rest.

Fred

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice on how to message. I’ve only just signed up when I saw the ad, and was frantically trying to message somehow in case I missed out. I didn’t know about private messages.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in your dome and motor control, can you post some pictures up please?

How old is the dome and what control units are you using to rotate?

Thanks.

What a lovely collection of gear! Good luck with the sale and sorry you’re leaving AP (for now).  It is frustrating to get the momentum going in the UK. 

• Like 1

Hi Steve, no reply to the above and the request for pictures, can you oblige please?

@Jkulin

Hi - sorry for the delay in replying - I’m tied up at work today and will reply later this evening if that’s ok.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi again @Jkulin

The done was installed about 7 years ago.

The dome rotation system is explained in this thread:

It runs on an Arduino with an ASCOM driver 

There are some pics of the dome here: 

(it probably needs another treatment now)

If you're interested, I'll try to get some current pics over the weekend - but as explained in the advert -  I don't intend to sell anything until the scope and mount have gone - but if you like I'll add you to the list for the dome and will contact you if it doesn't go as part of a bundle.

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve 1962 said:

Hi again @Jkulin

The done was installed about 7 years ago.

The dome rotation system is explained in this thread:

It runs on an Arduino with an ASCOM driver 

There are some pics of the dome here: 

(it probably needs another treatment now)

If you're interested, I'll try to get some current pics over the weekend - but as explained in the advert -  I don't intend to sell anything until the scope and mount have gone - but if you like I'll add you to the list for the dome and will contact you if it doesn't go as part of a bundle.

Steve

Thanks Steve, That was helpful, can you repost the video as it doesn't show in the link.

Please add me to the interested parties.

Thanks.

Hi again @Jkulin

You're first on the lit for the dome then!

Here's another video link: 

Thanks Steve, that was helpful.

What do you reckon as to how easy it would be to take down and put together again and calibrate?

If I did buy it then I would have to build a brick wall to give me some more height to take my pier and scopes.

Keep us advised Steve.

Many Thanks.

Hi again John  @Jkulin

The dome segments are siliconed together, but I'm sure we could get them apart

The wiring would all have to be disconnected, but we could label all of that.

The drive belt would need to be stripped off, but you could re-glue that with contact adhesive after you'd put it all back together again.

It wouldn't need calibration if you used the same drive belt (because the number of teeth provides azimuth information to the dome driver - but even if you installed a different belt - I could help you with the maths if needed.

Hope that helps

Steve

• Thanks 1

I'm half hoping that the mount and scope will take long enough to go that I can find some money for the narrowband filters :D

Shame to see you selling everything off, Steve.  I was only thinking about you the other day when I moved one of your old OTAs in the observatory.  Good luck with the sale though.

James

Hi James @JamesF

Thanks for the message - I've had quite a bit of interest a few bits - I'll add you to the NB filter list if you like - they're cracking bits of glass!

Hope the 200P is serving you well!

Steve

If I could have first refusal Steve, that would be very kind.

Always loved the 200P.  Lovely scope.  Like most of my astro gear it went into storage for a few years whilst we had a fair bit of work done on the house, but it's out again now I have the observatory in a usable state, even if it isn't finished yet.

James

Posted (edited)

The mount has now been sold, so I've decided to re-start the sale of the remaining kit that can be posted. Please PM me if interested.

Edited by Steve 1962

10 hours ago, Steve 1962 said:

The mount has now been sold, so I've decided to re-start the sale of the remaining kit that can be posted. Please PM me if interested.

Hi Steve. I have Pm about NB filters.