Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photoshop

They’ve probably got a load of OEM licenses to offload so could be legit. CS6 is 5 years old now and CC has many more features and is more polished still but CS6 is probably still enough for a lot of people. 

£30 for a 5 year old package is about right imo. 

• Like 1

Its probably fine but will have some limitations with more recent DSLR RAW files and at some point will loose any support, I have CS6 myself but jumped ship and now sailing along with Affinity Photo. If its main use is for AP then CS6 is however all you will need realy.

Alan

• Like 1

Hi - FYI, a word of warning.

I bought this a while back to discover that it was exactly the same package/activation code as is available from many dubious sources online and that had caught me out before (twice). It's a "portable lite" version 13.0.1 x32. The same activation code can be found online if you look. In practical terms it works fine but the 32 bit version only addresses around 4GB of memory so runs out of memory accessing or processing big files (like astro pics for example). I did ask about the version number and 32/64bit before I bought (from Online Gadget) and they were good enough to fully refund when I explained my dissatisfaction.

Even old "legal" PS versions go for hundreds of £. Reluctantly I've given up trying to do PS "on a budget" and subscribed to the 2020 version with Adobe. It's around £16 a month and, of course, works flawlessly. The old adage "if it looks too good to be true...." holds here.

Best

JB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longinthetooth said:

Hi - FYI, a word of warning.

I bought this a while back to discover that it was exactly the same package/activation code as is available from many dubious sources online and that had caught me out before (twice). It's a "portable lite" version 13.0.1 x32. The same activation code can be found online if you look. In practical terms it works fine but the 32 bit version only addresses around 4GB of memory so runs out of memory accessing or processing big files (like astro pics for example). I did ask about the version number and 32/64bit before I bought (from Online Gadget) and they were good enough to fully refund when I explained my dissatisfaction.

Even old "legal" PS versions go for hundreds of £. Reluctantly I've given up trying to do PS "on a budget" and subscribed to the 2020 version with Adobe. It's around £16 a month and, of course, works flawlessly. The old adage "if it looks too good to be true...." holds here.

Best

JB

The Adobe Photography package that includes Photoshop and Lightroom and more  is only £9.58 per month.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/photography.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6LBqL-P6AIVFuDtCh1mowQsEAAYASAAEgJVMPD_BwE&sdid=88X75SKR&mv=search&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI-6LBqL-P6AIVFuDtCh1mowQsEAAYASAAEgJVMPD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3085!3!394411579591!b!!g!!%2Badobe %2Bphotography

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi John B and Folk,

If you are currently confined to home, Adobe are doing Web seminars free of charge, Monday to Friday, Lunchtime 12:00 to 13:00. Go to the 

Behance.com website and aim for the "Live" tab and then the Live Stream box on the left.

It is doing a number of Adobe products by professional users.

It started about 2 weeks ago.

I have been watching it for the last week and it is very interesting, creativity is a key word and I have learned a thing or two.

Given that I may be confined to home for three months, it definitely helps to learn new techniques and have your brain active.

Hoping for really clear skies!

Adrian

• Like 1