Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need Help with TS Coma Corrector & Spacing to Camera

Hi All:

I just acquired a 200mm F4 newtonian from TS Optics which I'll use primarily for Electronic Assisted Observing with several ZWO cmos cameras. 

My challenge is that my current scope is an F3.6 schmidt newtonian so I have no experience with coma correctors or spacers/adaptors in the optical train. TS tells me that I need 55mm from the coma corrector (TSGPU) to the sensor. They provided 40 mm of various adaptors and spaces and I guess I get the remaining 15mm from the camera housing itself - as shown in the attached image. The threads on several of the adaptors(see notes) are bad so those pieces need to be replaced but, once that's fixed, I have four questions for this community:

1. ...is this odd assortment of parts and pieces typically how one goes about achieving the required 55mm dimension  from the Coma Corrector to the camera sensor? Just seems that there must be a simpler, and sturdier way to do this without having to use 4-5 separate parts.

2. Once all the adaptors add up to the correct dimension and are attached to the Coma Corrector, where does one locate the whole assembly(with coma corrector) in the focuser draw tube?   Is it a matter of trial and error?

3. If one did not care about viewing peripheral stars looking a bit like comets and didn't, therefore, use the coma corrector, would any of these adaptor/spacers be needed to bring the camera to focus so one could observe using, say, Sharpcap 3.2 Pro or other software?

4. If I were to use a filter or two, where would these best be located in the lineup and do they work with the various threads and adaptors? 

Apologies for my lack of experience and thank you for any help you can provide me in understanding how to observe and image with coma correctors 

Cheers

Gary

Photo 6.jpg