old ross telescope

i have had an old ross scope for years that i cannot identify, many hrs on web researching ross optics has borne no fruit.

a all brass 4" tube but fitted with a 3" lens cell with uncemented objective working at F10. unusual long focussing tube that extends inside main body with a knurled ring to adjust the 'drag' on the eyepiece movement, it originaly came with a filar micrometer eyepiece.

i have only recentley found a 5 figure serial number on it, just wondering if anyone has any ideas, the objective gives nice views with the plossls i have purchased for it...thanks...more pics on request..

IMG_20200302_120145130 (1030 x 1373).jpg

I have a 70mm Ross vintage scope which has a fairly long focal ratio (significantly longer than f10), a tapered tube originally sheathed in leather (now leatherette)  It was originally sold, post-war, by Charles Frank of Glasgow as an astronomical telescope, The focus barrel takes a 32mm Huygenian for which 31.7mm astro items can be substituted.

A lot in your photo looks non-original to my eye. In particular, the white tube and the white joystick and black slot.

If you quote the serial number, (preferably via a photograph) it will give  some idea of your scope's age.

Tube assembly all original..but tube was in a black effect ,badly worn in places so brass  shown through..had tube painted and the little clamp knob...brass..so it all showed up better in  dark..easyly stripped off if needed to return to orignal..its a working scope at last after being in storage..the mount i made..just to  get up an running.. i  love the objective cell which  can move about a inch  forwards or back , this will help if i get an eypiece  being akward on focussing.. its the machined  'V" on the eyepiece tube that gets me head scratching..just assuming its a hybrid..by way....chap came back to me a week later, wanted the filar eyepiece back.. so he offered me a F5  3' achromat ,an amici prism  2 small achromats and a length of 3' brass tube. .in exchange ....with that patchy black finish on it again...the offer i excepted...!