SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I bet you that

Naz

tomorrow will be thick clouds, wall to wall.

My scope will arrive and I will not be very chuffed!

Tonight is clear, wall to wall clear!, spoilt only by the moon, Still i managed a couple of hours before the moon came up, and i switched over to observing it.

No wind either and the temperature is pleasant, with only a fleece and hat, (over my normal clothes, incase anyone suggests otherwise).

Anyone else got clear skies?

naz / nabban

Only two weeks ago Caz, but as it was a private sale, he had to wait for the cheque to clear, then he posted it last Saturday, too late for the post to leave his village until Monday, 4 / 5 day delivery? Three separate packages, 1. tray 1st class post, other two by parcel post?

Knowing my luck it will arrive sat /mon.

naz / nabban

Hey Naz - really glad you made it clear that the fleece and hat were over your normal clothes (although you didn't say what they were :lol: ) - For one awful moment I had a picture in my minds eye of a pink and shivering astronomer (in sunny Orkney) dressed only in fleece and wooly hat.

Hope the weather clears for your new 'scope - it's awful here.

Tom

Lucky that I read the post before I sent it Tom, and i thought somebody out there in stargazer / skywatcher land would pick up on it, to bl**dy cold for anything less.

Normal gear is a jacket with hood, same one for winter and summer, just take hood down in summer!

naz

It was a good night, clear but limited by the Moon, still managed a look at Jupiter, impressive, though a bit low in the sky from here, atmospherics spoiling the view, managed to see a couple of the bands, and three of the moons, possible glimpsed the fourth. Still having a problem focusing the 3" refractor, think I will have to invest in a proper focuser, a draw tube ain't up to fine focussing at high magnifications.

I am now waiting for the Postman, they don't get here until around lunch time, and the sky has got lots of fluffy things, so that might be an indication of the imminent arrival of the scope. :lol:

naz

Sorry Caz, does this mean that I have been told off for getting excited about my new scope, ( says he sitting by the front door, old scope on tripod looking up the road to see if I can get an early warning of its immanent arrival)?

naz :lol::)

Never mind; better that it is cloudy while Moonglow is spoiling things - even Jupiter is effected (about 15 degrees left of the Moon).

Days like this are great for using StarryNight to plan ahead, write a target list and research the objects on the list...

Works for me :lol:

Archived