Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2021 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

On 08/09/2021 at 06:30, Ricky Graham said:

Ive just joined and seen this? Glad i did! Im assuming locals can attend without staying? 😀

Hi, not even thought about that, but can see no reason at all that you cannot visit during the Star Camp. Just remember though that Red Light rules will be in effect from dusk until dawn. It is always possible for one of us to guide you and your car in or out whilst following a red light though.

Be good to see you 😃

Edited by Physopto
bad spelling and typing

There is no where in easy or short distance to walk from. Probably about a mile  to the nearest safe parking. So I suggest either come in daylight or give us a call when about 2\300 yards away onside lights. We can easily sort out the rest. As long as we know there should be no problems.

We look forwards to meeting you 😀

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 07:25, Physopto said:

There is no where in easy or short distance to walk from. Probably about a mile  to the nearest safe parking. So I suggest either come in daylight or give us a call when about 2\300 yards away onside lights. We can easily sort out the rest. As long as we know there should be no problems.

We look forwards to meeting you 😀

Think you missed that Ricky did say he was going to come down in the daytime Derek.

On 10/09/2021 at 02:46, Ricky Graham said:

Looking like I may just pop down in the day time with no gear to say hello. 

Best to check some of us will be around, and probably afternoon best after all the clear skies which are booked in 😁

• Haha 2

On 15/09/2021 at 07:25, mapstar said:

Think you missed that Ricky did say he was going to come down in the daytime Derek.

Best to check some of us will be around, and probably afternoon best after all the clear skies which are booked in 😁

Hi Damian try reading what I said more carefully 🤣

I agreed either daylight or at night.

I can see the Micky taking is going to start way before we even get there ....... 😂 Oh goody!

Actually I am over in the area just now. Weather is very poor with rain and wind. So hope it improves over the next month and a half!

Edited by Physopto

On 17/09/2021 at 10:12, Physopto said:

Actually I am over in the area just now. Weather is very poor with rain and wind. So hope it improves over the next month and a half!

I hope it improves in 2 weeks as I am booked in for 10 days in the caravan 

Andy

3 hours ago, AndyKeogh said:

I hope it improves in 2 weeks as I am booked in for 10 days in the caravan 

Andy

Hi Andy,

Today, here justs south of Portpatrick, the weather has been red hot. No wind and beautiful outdoors. Hope your stay is as good. How is Sandra?  Hope you are both in great shape. 

All the best.

2 hours ago, AndyKeogh said:

Sandra continues to make progress, but will still not camp!  Are you up there house hunting?

Andy

Not house hunting at present. We took our house off the market 2years ago approx because of Covid.

Just a holiday with friends.

Glad to hear Sandra is doing better. Annette and I  often think about her.

Annette does not blame her for not wanting to camp, we feel the same. We like our creature comforts too much 😃

We are here for the next 2 weeks or so.

Stay safe.

On 17/09/2021 at 10:12, Physopto said:

Hi Damian try reading what I said more carefully 🤣

I agreed either daylight or at night.

I can see the Micky taking is going to start way before we even get there ....... 😂 Oh goody!

The weather has been shocking of late but fingers crossed!! 

6 hours ago, Physopto said:

We all live in hope Ricky 🙂

You know the area so you know how clear the skies can be, something to look forwards to.

I kid you not, I was messing around the other night and coukd still see the band of the Milky Way under a 97% moon 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi derren  geared up no ready hmmm, not planning in bringing as much kit this time round try and keep the car down to just slightly overloaded,  hows Mike doing not had a chance to call , be good to see all the old faces and hopefully some new as well , 

• Like 1

Been away for the last 3 weeks in Portpatrick. Spoke to Mike a week ago. He is OK at present. Give him a bell.

Weather has been pants, but long way off at present.

I am looking forwards to seeing everyone.

Edited by Physopto

Hi Everyone,

For your information.

Just spoke to Lesley yesterday at the camp site.

The camp site is fully booked for this Autumn Star Camp and has been for some considerable time.

Some folk are still ringing up the owner asking if anything has changed as to pitch availabilities.

It has not and as such will remain so gauging from our conversation.

Lesley has said in no uncertain terms that she will not be taking any more bookings for this Star Camp !

One rather sad point is that I spoke to Mike and he has stated that he is very unlikely to attend because of ongoing building work being done to his home.

Things are dragging out and he is feeling the pressure to get it sorted out as soon as can be done to allow him a Christmas without worry.

One final note is if you are double inoculated, great.

If not please wear a face mask when in close contact with other attendees, for your own safety and that of everyone else.

Thanks.

So folks, all that is left to say at present is,

I  hope you all can get there (fuel and Covid-19 permitting) as it will be nice to see everyone, old and new faces alike.

All the best, stay safe.

• Like 4