Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2021 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

Ahhhh ! So there is life in some our regular members.

I thought with no posts, you had all disappeared off to foreign climbs before lockdown and were stuck there! 🤣

Nice to see there is one or two people still watching the posts on here.

I hope you are all well. Stay that way please. Lesley says "NO REFUNDS FOR SLACKERS 😈"

😂

• Haha 2

Hi Derek,

Just coming out of hybernation up here, takes a wee tad longer to get warmed up😨😨, glad to hear your still your witty self😂😂, as Ian said a few drams to get the juices going. Hope you and yer good Lady are in fine health and have had your covid jab. Stay safe bud 

• Haha 1

Hi Ian,

Hope your all ok too,  spoke to Lesley todaybjust confirming w3 are booked for autumn, how's the handle bar mousy getting on ? Might see a different you in October 😉, have you heard from any of the other guys, Damian etc, hope there all ok, 

• Haha 1

Hi Jim.

Hope you and Dawn have thawed out, left the cave as you realise it is Spring at last, even in the far northeast reaches of UK. I guess you are always that are bit behind up there 🤔🥃🤣

Yep just out intime to find the Spring Star Camp is not on😡😡😡😡😡😡

So I am praying that this Autumn Star Camp can go ahead, as I guess everyone else is doing.

There is a strong possibility we can have an unrestricted Full On Scottish Galloway Star Camp, 🌌🔭🌌🔭🌌🔭🌌🔭, at least that is my hope 😃

Thanks for asking, we are both fine and have had our inoculations over a month ago now, so not that long to the second one.

Have you had yours yet?

Stay safe.

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 2

Yea we were done about a month ago as well,  Dawn is still working from home, iam still out and about, just keeping a low profile as is most. Not much else happening, fitted an eberspacher heater to the obsy and insulated the inside of it, got a wee closed off bit in it now that keeps us warmer when roof off, not the same as being out in dark skies but better than nowt. 

• Like 2

On 11/03/2021 at 15:57, Physopto said:

Ahhhh ! So there is life in some our regular members.

I thought with no posts, you had all disappeared off to foreign climbs before lockdown and were stuck there! 🤣

Nice to see there is one or two people still watching the posts on here.

I hope you are all well. Stay that way please. Lesley says "NO REFUNDS FOR SLACKERS 😈"

😂

Still here Derek 😁. Hope all is well with you and Annette.

I actually had my 1st dose of the vaccine just over 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

On 13/03/2021 at 09:24, Uplooker said:

Got my first dose yesterday 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Will this be open to everyone not just camper an or caravan guests please. 

Hi, not sure what you are asking. But the Star camp is open to camping,(tents), caravans and motorhomes.

The pitches are available on first come basis. BUT, at present I cannot say for sure if it will definitely go ahead due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic!

All I can say is book early to ensure a pitch.

If all goes to plan the Scottish Premier Star Camp will be held on the dates posted.

It will depend upon the Scottish Governments decision on how many pitches are/will be available and the campsite owners decisions about this.

None of which we can know at this time, as it is way to early.

I will post the relevant information as and when I am able to do so.

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 2

On 13/03/2021 at 09:24, Uplooker said:

As I said to Damian, glad you have had the covid injection. I will give you a bell in the next few days. Got a online exam tomorrow, busy at present.

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Physopto said:

Will this be open to everyone not just camper an or caravan guests please. 

Hi, not sure what you are asking. But the Star camp is open to camping,(tents), caravans and motorhomes.

The pitches are available on first come basis. BUT, at present I cannot say for sure if it will definitely go ahead due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic!

All I can say is book early to ensure a pitch.

If all goes to plan the Scottish Premier Star Camp will be held on the dates posted.

It will depend upon the Scottish Governments decision on how many pitches are/will be available and the campsite owners decisions about this.

None of which we can know at this time, as it is way to early.

I will post the relevant information as and when I am able to do so.

With covid restrictions as per last year the camp was only for self contained camping i.e caravans and campervans I was asking is this still going to be the rules, I was going to book last year until I saw that no tents were allowed because of covid restrictions.  Thank you for your reply in these uncertain times I will wait for another opportunity when I know as best as possible everything will be back to normal, it would be nice to get there again I had a brilliant time last time Saturday night being exceptional. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

With covid restrictions as per last year the camp was only for self contained camping i.e caravans and campervans I was asking is this still going to be the rules, I was going to book last year until I saw that no tents were allowed because of covid restrictions.  Thank you for your reply in these uncertain times I will wait for another opportunity when I know as best as possible everything will be back to normal, it would be nice to get there again I had a brilliant time last time Saturday night being exceptional. 

14 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I have never and nor has Mike, the previous organiser ever said, that tents would not be allowed.

I do not know where you got that from! You are mistaken.

We have always had a mixture of caravans, motorhomes and tents at the Star  Camps. The only provisos ever made were that if the field was very wet, then motorhomes would be required to park on the hard standing as they tended to rip up the field and leave troughs in their wake. Also the same went for cars at certain times for the very same reason.

I am glad you enjoyed your previous visit. You will be welcome back anytime 😃

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Physopto said:

I have never and nor has Mike, the previous organiser ever said, that tents would not be allowed.

I do not know where you got that from! You are mistaken.

We have always had a mixture of caravans, motorhomes and tents at the Star  Camps. The only provisos ever made were that if the field was very wet, then motorhomes would be required to park on the hard standing as they tended to rip up the field and leave troughs in their wake. Also the same went for cars at certain times for the very same reason.

I am glad you enjoyed your previous visit. You will be welcome back anytime 😃

With all this Covid and seeing other camps not allowing tents I was mistaken, however it must of stuck in my mind that Spring 2020 Party had no tents due to inclement weather I must of confused the two.

• Like 3

On 21/03/2021 at 21:37, mapstar said:

20210321_213358.thumb.jpg.d000ffcb25b8a688c5abe9511a569a51.jpg

So long to the missed GSP spring 2021 here's to the Autumn meeting. Cheers 

Hmmmm!!

Are we sure this is Damian talking, or some Star Party SGL Troll  ??

Such a mesially small dram, is it even whiskey or film (tea) substitute type joke?  🤣

Talk aboout half empty, it is not even that !!

Damian you will have to buck up your ideas.........

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Booked 😇, well, verbally confirmed my already assumed attendance 😁

Assumed !!! Who would do that then? 🤔

More like EXPECTED !

Damian would never survive without his Chief Cook and Bottle Washer 🤣

13 hours ago, Uplooker said:

I am the chief cook (who keeps spoiling the broth), Damian is the chief washer upperer 

Well now,                         could have fooled us all there !

I will have to consult with Mike 🧐

🤣

Edited by Physopto

Hi everyone.

A small update on the:

Autumn 2021 Galloway Scottish Star Camp

We will be limited to only 25 pitches for the foreseeable future.

The owner has stipulated this due to the following reasons:

1) Due to past damage done to the camping field over the

wet winter periods, the field just does not have time to recover

naturally and properly before the new season is upon them.

2) The added cost and time of repairing the field to a good standard.

(This affects their ability to present the camping field in a fit condition to attract visitors).

3) The Covid-19 regulations are still in force as to the cleaning regime

(4-5 times a day) for the safety of all visitors to the ablutions block.

4) If the warm room is opened up for the Star Camp it will add another

cleaning task for the owner to complete possibly several times each day.

So please, if you want to attend the 2021 Autumn Galloway Scottish Star Camp,

get your pitch requests in quickly,

as it is still......... First Come First Allocated.

As always if there are any cancellations the first on the reserve list will be contacted.

Stay Safe.

Edited by Physopto
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

Booked up Wednesday to Sunday, looking forward to seeing the old crowd and some new faces hopefully. Myself and Stuart hoping to bring the tone down as normal ;)

Looking forward to a convivial meeting :)

Edited by wackyscot
  • Like 3

On 02/05/2021 at 13:22, wackyscot said:

Booked up Wednesday to Sunday, looking forward to seeing the old crowd and some new faces hopefully. Myself and Stuart hoping to bring the tone down as normal ;)

Looking forward to a convivial meeting :)

"convivial" you've been at the.......... Dictionary (Alphabet Spaghetti) .. again me thinks!!!

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3