Celestron nexstar 102slt error

I'm setting up my Nexstar 102slt and am struggling with the allignment. I choose skyallign and fill in the coordinates and the time, etc. Then i have to choose 3 bright stars using the arrow buttons. This is where the trouble begins. When pressing any of the arrow buttons the telescope doesn't move and starts 'initializing' and i have to start all over again, which is useless as i can't get past this step. This previously didn't happen. This makes it impossible for me to allign the telescope or even use it. Do you guys have any solutions? I have already tried reseting the factory settings.

By "initialising" I assume that the mount is going through its power up sequence.

It could be that a poor contact has developed at the power inlet, and when the mount rotates it breaks the power feed.

Power up the mount, give the power lead a wiggle near the mount and see what happens...

Possible cure: find a sharp knife and open the central split pin of the power inlet slightly to tighten the connection.  Stick some kind of cable attachment to the mount and run the power cable through it to take the strain of the cable moving around as the mount rotates.