Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star hopping tutorial?

popeye85

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a you tube series to help people find target's by using a star atlas and finder scope? I know allot of people struggle to find target's & especially when it comes to beginners and fainter targets and they tend to just sweep the area and hope to stumble across the target-hopefully a video guide giving step to step instructions could help? 

Thoughts?

P.s I know that there is already a star hoping guide on you tube done  by the Kissimmee observatory but those will be specific to be be used in conjunction with a atlas and finder.

Edited by popeye85
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, des anderson said:

There was a good article in the SKY & TELESCOPE a wee while ago on how to star hop and read star atlas`s. Des

Yes I saw that and thought it was a good one! I'm hoping to replicate that but in video form and covering a range of targets

• Like 1