SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

FYI - New Linux/Macos camera sofware

stash_old

FYI

Just tried out a new capture software program which runs on the above systems (Windows/Indi Not yet)

Software is called AstroDMX - produced in the UK - https://www.linux-astro-imaging.uk/linux/astronomy/linux-downloads#downloads-current-version

I have just tried it on the following RPI3b+ (Buster/Astroberry 2.0.1) using just a Canon 100d DSLR. I used VNC to control the software running on the RPI.

My initial impressions (IMHO)

1. Very simple to Install with good simple install instructions on the web site.

2. Connected to DSLR first time

3. Tested during daytime (so far) with varying exposures 1/4000 to 10 sec using various F/stops (4.9 to 29) as I was using a std Canon 20-55mm lens

4. Used Raw and various other settings for output type - smallest was "tiny Jpg" which is 720x480 and largest Raw size.

5. Display size (scale) can be changed to zoom in or out on images taken. attached 2 images - 2nd was 300% zoom.

6. No live view available

7. Buttons control ,layout ,sliders etc are very simple to use and uncluttered

8. Capture options are various (No of Frames,Time) including timelapse.

9. No way to integrate software with Scope controls (ascom or Indi) but its being worked on !

10. Supports ZWO and other cmos ccd - i didn't test

11. Payment is via donations on the web site.

Early impressions are very professional and its worth keeping an eye on the progress and could be used to in remote wireless daytime photography with ease. 

astrodmq.png

astrodmq2.png

• Thanks 1