Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

B33_IDAS_LPS with Pixinsight 2nd time

Dinglem

I recently posted a picture of B33 using my Optolong L-Enhance filter which was not too bad, a bit red, for my first time trying out Pixinsight. Last night I managed to get nearly 2 hours using my IDAS D2 LPS filter and after watching many Youtube videos I've managed to get the following using my Esprit 100ED and modded canon 450D, 21*300s Lights, flats, darks and bias frames. I think I'm starting to get my head around post processing.

B33_IDAS_LPS.jpg

• Like 13

Excellent. The IDAS filter is much better than the Optolong filter for this target, imo. Alnitak is bloated, but that's ok. You have more definition in the dark/weak areas. And you kept the flame separated from the Ha cloud with the Horsehead.

👍

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wimvb said:

Excellent. The IDAS filter is much better than the Optolong filter for this target, imo. Alnitak is bloated, but that's ok. You have more definition in the dark/weak areas. And you kept the flame separated from the Ha cloud with the Horsehead.

👍

Thanks @wimvb I think so too the Optolong image was very red. and I was surprised how much detail I got for such a little amount of data in this one.

19 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Very good, I particularly like the peachy colour of the flame. A nice contrast to the red.

@MarkAR I agree it is a nice contrast thank you. I'm new to PI and have been watching loads of YouTube videos and after watching one I extracted the luminance from the RGB image gave it a small stretch and added it back in, it's certainly improved the contrast.