Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

Dinglem

B33_IDAS_LPS with Pixinsight 2nd time

I recently posted a picture of B33 using my Optolong L-Enhance filter which was not too bad, a bit red, for my first time trying out Pixinsight. Last night I managed to get nearly 2 hours using my IDAS D2 LPS filter and after watching many Youtube videos I've managed to get the following using my Esprit 100ED and modded canon 450D, 21*300s Lights, flats, darks and bias frames. I think I'm starting to get my head around post processing.

B33_IDAS_LPS.jpg

• Like 14

Excellent. The IDAS filter is much better than the Optolong filter for this target, imo. Alnitak is bloated, but that's ok. You have more definition in the dark/weak areas. And you kept the flame separated from the Ha cloud with the Horsehead.

👍

• Thanks 1

Very good, I particularly like the peachy colour of the flame. A nice contrast to the red.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wimvb said:

Excellent. The IDAS filter is much better than the Optolong filter for this target, imo. Alnitak is bloated, but that's ok. You have more definition in the dark/weak areas. And you kept the flame separated from the Ha cloud with the Horsehead.

👍

Thanks @wimvb I think so too the Optolong image was very red. and I was surprised how much detail I got for such a little amount of data in this one.

19 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Very good, I particularly like the peachy colour of the flame. A nice contrast to the red.

@MarkAR I agree it is a nice contrast thank you. I'm new to PI and have been watching loads of YouTube videos and after watching one I extracted the luminance from the RGB image gave it a small stretch and added it back in, it's certainly improved the contrast.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EMG
      Recently I bought a ZWO ASI178MM for planetary/lunar/deep-sky imaging and last weekend i had clear skies so I was able to capture videos of the moon in two panels. I have already processed the videos in AutoStakkert, I used 3x drizzle because I intend to print the image so now I have two 120MB TIFF images that i would like to combine in a two panel mosaic. I tried doing it in Hugin, a free panorama stitcher but the program crashes due to the file sizes being too large. I have searched for tutorials on using DynamicAlignment in PixInsight but it seems to me that i'll need a reference image to be able to create mosaics in PixInsight. Is there any way to go about this, I feel like this should be a pretty straightforward job but I am not very experienced in PI so I would really appreciate some advice.

I tried using DynamicAlignment as you can see in the attached screenshot but the result was just a cut version of the target image, aligned perfectly to the source image. It would be perfect if it didn't cut off the lower part of the target image.

• By kryptonite
      I'm not experienced with LRGB imaging, so thought i'd give it a go on M81. However, when i combine the 4 individually processed integrations i end up with horrible colour hues across the image - they're all aligned and wotnot. Am i running into the issues of light pollution (inside the M25), which i can only remove with aggressive DBE application?  Individual files attached.

• By kryptonite
      I've got a 5 year old desktop, which i think performs decently and does my Pixinsight processing pretty well. However, i want to change to a laptop for the form-factor, but i don't want to compromise on performance.
      This is my rig: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27054387
      What machine do you use and how does it perform with Pixinsight? Any folk familiar with computer hardware able to provide steer on whether i'm due an upgrade?
      Looking to understand how others do their processing.
    • By chriscoles
      Hi, I have taken mono LRGB images of M51 with my new ASI1600mm-PRO.
      I have a mix of 30s, 60s, 120s subs. 100 darks, and 100 flats for each filter. About 4 hours total.
      I Used DSS for alignment and stacking, then Pixinsight for LRGB combination.
      My issue is that i'm not happy with the colours, the stars all appear white and the background is strange.
      I have attached the Aligned LRGB images.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Green.TIF red.TIF Lum.TIF B.TIF
    • By bencevokoszt
      Hey guys, can you help me with how to fix this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.