Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

WayBig

COMPLETED - SOLD: Skywatcher 250 Flextube dob. Tracking plus Synscan handset ++

Hi

***** Reduced to £550 *****

I'm putting my 10inch dob up for sale, it's not getting the use it deserves.

This is a Skywatcher 250 tracking dob with the following upgrades.

- Synscan goto controller (tbh the goto isn't particularly accurate I think because of the size and weight of the scope, but this handset does give you much better tracking so is necessary for planetary imaging)

- Lacerta dual speed focusser (much much better than the stock single speed one, great also for imaging)

- Flocked lower tube and opposite The focusser with Edmund optics flocking paper. Edges blackened.

- Adjustable 'cabinet' feet to level the scope, again this gives better tracking for imaging. A bubble level is also fitted to help levelling

- Home assembled 'power tank' (a sealed lead acid battery plus switch and voltage meter. (The voltage meter does work, it just looks weird in photos)

I'm looking for £550

Collection from Welwyn Garden City, Herts. Viewing can be arranged at weekends.

Randomly arranged photos below...

IMG_20200221_121308.jpg

IMG_20200221_121711.jpg

IMG_20200221_121332.jpg

IMG_20200221_121353.jpg

IMG_20200221_121415.jpg

IMG_20200221_121454.jpg

IMG_20200221_121518.jpg

IMG_20200221_121533.jpg

IMG_20200221_121246.jpg

IMG_20200221_121255.jpg

IMG_20200221_121548.jpg

Edited by WayBig
Reduced price

Looks like a nice piece of kit. If I knew that I would use it I would have bought it, unfortunately I know that at present it would be a bit of a struggle to fit it into the car to take it on holiday. Good luck with the sale.

I've travelled with the base in the boot and the tube on the back seat...doesn't leave much room for anything else you might want to take on holiday though.

Open to offers.

eBay beckons

2 hours ago, WayBig said:

I've travelled with the base in the boot and the tube on the back seat...doesn't leave much room for anything else you might want to take on holiday though.

Open to offers.

eBay beckons

Hi Chris, if I had one it would only go into the car to our Society's observatory so a max of 6 times a year. I wouldn't realy use it at home because of a lack of a suitable space to to set it up outside my house. That may change in the future.  But at present  i can't  see myself getting enough use from it.

Good luck with the sale.

Martin. 

Bump - new price. This is now half the price of a new goto dob, without the upgrades, that's got to be a bargain

Get it in time for galaxy season 🙂

• Like 1