Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Luna mosaic

Stargazer33

1319130908_MareHumorum_Schickard_Schiller.thumb.png.fa4366e3faea7a9386687a2982a36a96.png                            Babbage_JHerschel_Goldschmidt2.thumb.png.f17fc4ca78e4bb8b9c6b05e63a781ed4.png

A couple of mosaics of the Luna terminator from the 6th of Feb. I kept the roi quite small to obtain about 80fps and captured 5000 frames in each video. These were then sorted in pip, stacked in Autostakkert2, wavelets in RS6 and stitched in MS Ice.

C9.25; CGEM; 0.63x reducer; ZWO ASI385MC

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Your work is Similar to what I have been doing recently. I thought I was doing a bit of overkill, in shooting “large” amounts of ROI AVI,s in order to ensure that I had covered enough of the lunar surface to give me a good full lunar image, but it paid off in the end. However it took ages to process each AVI individually via autostakkert, but it is worth it in the end.

I suppose the saying “no pain no gain” can be applied to Astro Imaging as well, Lol

Regards,

Steve

I think most things in this hobby are 'no pain, no gain'! It takes me, probably, over an hour to set up my equipment and then it quite often clouds over just as I go out after letting the 'scope cool down for an hour or so. Either that, or it remains clear, but my equipment doesn't want to communicate between its various parts. 

I had a look at your Flickr pages. You have some lovely shots of the various phases of the Moon. Good definition even when zoomed in.

Despite using a Bahtinov mask and 'Bahtinov Aid' in APT, I think my focus is a bit on the soft side. It was, however, the first time I had done any serious astrophotography for such a long time that I decided to post anyway.