SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Zoomify Version of 350hr Cassiopeia Mosaic

Tom OD

Hi SGL,

The Zoomify version is now on my website.

Click on the full screen tab and then zoom in and enjoy. I m going to have to do Orion, Galactic Centre and Rho now after seeing the results from this.

I say I but it is my friend who does the updates. I ve harassed him enough over this for the moment.

I did notice one blend area that needed fixing. It became more evident on the site compared to my version Photoshop, so I'll fix that

in my final version.

http://www.astrophotography.ie/

My friend sent me a screenshot of what it looks like when you have a nice big widescreen monitor to view this.

Tom

image0.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

That is unbelievable.  😍

The shot on the screen is like being on the Enterprise itself with all it's split infinitives.

I think SGL needs a life-time achievement award and that would be in the running for sure. Well done it is incredible what work has gone into that image and to say you should be proud of it is somewhat understated.

Steve

22 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

That is unbelievable.  😍

The shot on the screen is like being on the Enterprise itself with all it's split infinitives.

I think SGL needs a life-time achievement award and that would be in the running for sure. Well done it is incredible what work has gone into that image and to say you should be proud of it is somewhat understated.

Steve

Well thanks very much Steve. I believe that's the highest praise I ve ever received from anyone.

Zoomify will finally show these the way I want. Hopefully I'll have about 3 more to let you delve into shortly.

Tom

• Like 1

Spectacular - I just loved roaming around on that 'Zoomify' image and I know I will go back to it again & again....... Congratulations AGAIN.......I just don't know how you can be so patient and persevering.....but I do know that it pays dividends for you Big Time!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MarkAR said:

How about taking a copy of the image to your local Curries and ask to see it on their biggest screen 😁

They have a 6m x 4m screen  😂😂😂

Edited by Tom OD
Typo
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kinch said:

Spectacular - I just loved roaming around on that 'Zoomify' image and I know I will go back to it again & again....... Congratulations AGAIN.......I just don't know how you can be so patient and persevering.....but I do know that it pays dividends for you Big Time!

Thanks Brendan. 
next step is to put the 400hr Orion up as a Zoom image too. And the galactic centre. This is the pint if these images. Let people enjoy them big!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vineyard said:

That's stunning.  If you move the slider from left to right quickly its like going to warp speed must be like (if it existed!).  Thanks for the patience to do that & for sharing it! 👏🏽

Ha ha I ll try that. 
thanks Tom. 

On 22/02/2020 at 08:08, ollypenrice said:

At last our internet has allowed me to see the big one and it was worth the wait. This is just glorious and Zoomified is the only way to present it. Roll on Orion and the galactic centre.

Great stuff, Tom.

Olly

Yes Orion and GC will be available soon too. 
I ll post links as soon as they re up. 
Tom. 

On 22/02/2020 at 12:01, gorann said:

A fantastic way to present a stunning astrophotography achievement! Congratulations Tom! I cannot imagine anyone not bookmarking this,

Cheers Gorann. It’s a pic you can back to again and again. 
Tom. 

39 minutes ago, Datalord said:

This is amazing! Incredibly well done.

Do you have an image file to download? With your permission I would like to have it as part of my rotation of pictures on my TV.

57955445_2020-02-1616_55.43-2.thumb.jpg.8007994ecc8c9f8077b3a6d086762b8a.jpg

Hi Datalord

sorry but I m not putting a download version out there at the moment. 
tom.