Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

nicoscy

COMPLETED - WITHDRAWN: Takahashi FS-128 in immaculate condition + extras

Just to get it out of the way: I know I will probably regret it etc, etc. With that out of the way:

Time constraints mean I need to stick to my Tak FS-102 for quicker sessions, so my FS-128 is ready for re-homing with a loving family. For GBP 2,800 and you grabbing a cheap chartered flight to come over, we meet, you check everything and fly back with scope (I did this myself, flying to Germany to pick it up originally), you get:

• Takahashi FS-128 in truly immaculate condition
  • Starlight Instruments Micropinion focuser ***
  • Takahashi Clamshell
  • Vixen Dovetail
  • 8x50 finderscope and  with mounting rings etc
  • White light solar filter
  • Baader Surfer III RDF
  • 2” APM Diagonal
  • Custom ring to mount 2 additional things via finderbases, made by Mark of Moonraker
  • And some other bits and bobs 😉

*** The 3" FTF shown on the photos is not on the scope any longer. What is installed on the scope is the Micropinion assembly, this one.

For an additional GP 1,100 you get the following as well:

• AYOSwiss AYO DIGI II mount
  • Extension for AYO DIGI II
  • Hard case with foam, fitting the mount and pillar
  • Avalon TPod 130
  • Spikes for Avalon TPod 130
  • And I will throw in a Tele Vue 40mm Wide Field eyepiece
  • And some other bits and bobs.

I DO NOT need to sell the scope. But I haven’t used it in a year and a half. I hate having unused gear and I don’t like collecting and not using. Prices are NOT negotiable – do the math yourself and see that both deals are excellent, including the cost of a flight to come over and personally inspect and test yourself (goes without saying that I will come by the airport!). Any offers below the prices I indicate above will be ignored. I can provide references if you wish to ensure that I am not pulling your leg as I do understand what it means to travel to pick up a scope, but the best one is for anybody interested to check my thread on Cloudynights here

Clear skies,

Nicos

6A3C71F2-1703-42C4-9D9C-91DCAC15DBD4.jpeg

B7A7C33F-1C33-4385-AD83-83DBAB22C615.jpeg

29E81227-CD7A-47A2-970C-E34AE23D3481.jpeg

DB605BC6-0795-4C88-85B7-8FF0E2972B5E.jpeg

E05219C7-9EEF-4C52-978E-B71B748D352D.jpeg

Edited by nicoscy
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Fabulous scope (I have one) and I can happily confirm that Nicos is a top guy: he helped me with advice (and a couple of components, unsolicited and free of charge, posted to me from Cyprus!) when I was trying to figure out a short light path to allow native binoviewing without a Barlow or OCS.

Buy with confidence!👍

Dave

• Like 3

It's been a while Dave! Glad you are having fun with yours!

• Like 1

I love the scope Nicos, just not enough dry clear weather to use it regularly for the past 6 months.. 🙄

But I'm retired now so hopefully can grab the chance much more this year.

Good luck with your sale!👍😊

Dave

IMG_20170614_204042394_HDR-450x800.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 2

Nicos, it may be me not being very alert, but I can't see the price for the telescope itself?  Good luck with the sale, a fabulous scope.

• Like 2

Nicos, just noticed the price, how on earth did I miss it, sorry?!  I think that is a wonderful price, anyone who has ever used an FS128 will be well  aware of this.

• Like 3

Paul,

It takes into account the cost and trouble associated with a quick chartered flight back and forth.

There are also some other accessories to pass on to whoever decides that they want the scope, but as it is, I know it is an excellent value proposition as a package. Prices for everything are readily available and anyone can confirm.

• Like 2

This would certainly be my refractor of choice , and in this condition !!!

an extremely rare find (1 off) but I probably would end up not using it either , plus have

other commitments like buying more cars (4 currently) for the family 🙄

Good luck and I'm sure it will sell 👍 &

a wee trip to Cyprus would be a wonderful tonic this time of year ☀

Brian 

• Like 2

Thanks Brian!

Well, if any SGLer pops by on an unrelated matter and wishes to do a wee bit of observing, assuming the weather cooperates, it would me my sincere pleasure!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nicoscy said:

Thanks Brian!

Well, if any SGLer pops by on an unrelated matter and wishes to do a wee bit of observing, assuming the weather cooperates, it would me my sincere pleasure!

Be careful what you offer up Nicos...I may well be diving in Cyprus in April!  Are you near Larnaca?  That does look an amazing scope, and I've never looked through a Tak 😀 (I went the TV route).  Cheers, Vin

• Like 2

Vin,

I am a NAUI Advanced Diver myself since 95. If you come for diving, you’d better dive at the Zinovia shipwreck. One of the top 10 worldwide! With a 7mm neoprene suit as it is kind of nippy!

And it would be my pleasure to come pick you up and take you for some observing!

• Like 1

Sir, you are done!  That is exactly what I'm coming for :) Will DM you!

• Like 2

Really like your stuff Nicos, unfortunately I am tired of loking at my 150mm refractor sitting in the garage. It's too heavy to drag out and set up and comparing the weight of that beautiful Tak with what I already have puts me off. If only I had an observatory!

I really like the tripod and head, but I must buy a Tak 100DZ first.

God luck with the sale, I'm sure it will be snapped up soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin!

Honestly, I don’t mind either way, since the funds are not needed. In fact, the longer the ad stays up, the less I want to sell 🤣

I can understand that Nico. I wasn't familiar with all the other gear you had with it so I googled it. The tripod and the mount are really nice, what extender did you use on the tripod? The tripod makers also have some lovely mounts. I must save some pennies before buying!

• Like 1

I am very tempted by your offer, but I have already made a thick purchase. 

Edited by witos
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, witos said:

Jestem bardzo kuszony twoją ofertą, ale już dokonałem grubego zakupu.

Please can you post in English on the forum as per the forum rules.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Wow, A 5” Fluorite Tak for the same price as a current 4” Fluorite Tak - good deal for a great scope 👍

• Like 3

On 22/02/2020 at 19:13, Martin13 said:

I can understand that Nico. I wasn't familiar with all the other gear you had with it so I googled it. The tripod and the mount are really nice, what extender did you use on the tripod? The tripod makers also have some lovely mounts. I must save some pennies before buying!

That would be the AYO Digi II extension - sold by AYOSwiss. Here’s the link for the mount, but the extension is not shown there, but it is available though!

• Like 1

On 22/02/2020 at 19:33, witos said:

I am very tempted by your offer, but I have already made a thick purchase. 

Story of everyone’s life who is into this hobby 😂

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dweller25 said:

Wow, A 5” Fluorite Tak for the same price as a current 4” Fluorite Tak - good deal for a great scope 👍

Not for long - my emotional attachment to the scope is beginning to overpower me!!!

• Haha 1

The FS128 is the only telescope I deeply regret selling. If I could afford it, I'd buy your beautiful FS128 off you in a heart beat. May be your heart is telling you something, like mine did, but I didn't listen to mine. If I could rewind the clock, knowing how I feel now, I would never have let it go. Mars is going to put on a great show this year Nicos, so you might miss a perfect opportunity to really  see your FS128 shine. Just thinking out loud!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nicoscy said:

That would be the AYO Digi II extension - sold by AYOSwiss. Here’s the link for the mount, but the extension is not shown there, but it is available though!

I think it's  a lovely piece  of kit, no prices on the page, can it be fitted to any tripod and do you use the NAVIS with it?

Edited by Martin13
spelling error

Can not believe it’s not been snapped up when I wanted one none were on offer a bargain of a scope good luck with the sale