Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2259

Kinch

NGC 2259 is actually the small open star cluster at the top margin of the image - just right of center. I have no info/names  for other parts of the image. Just found the area when looking around near the cone/fox fur regions......thought it would make an interesting area for an image. This is a total of about 13 hours Ha, OIII & SII. I have some RGB so maymake a different final image when I have the time.

NGC 2259.jpg

• Like 10

That looks interesting - nice image and nicely framed!

I always seem to be on a mission when imaging! Plan the target, usually something that's been done to death, and then get stuck in. It would be great to have the time to look around and "browse" and find new areas as you have done here. 

Funny thing  - I'm off to Spain in March and was looking for a target somewhere in this neck of the woods. I think I'll need something further East by then though - my timing is a bit bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Funny thing  - I'm off to Spain in March and was looking for a target somewhere in this neck of the woods. I think I'll need something further East by then though - my timing is a bit bad.

I think so.....as it is, this area is not available for very long past midnight.......but the nights have beeen so humid here where I am (Murcia by the coast), that sometimes I am just happy to pack up a bit earlier.

2 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Great composition. I like the natural look of the colour with  the darker matter and cluster pulling your attention across the image.

Thanks Mark. I now have a higher res image available on the web site.....http://www.kinchastro.com/ngc-2259.html    (Click on the image on that page to get to higher resolution).

• Like 1