Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6-G regrease

Rheemhater

I have a EQ6-G that i bought new . Used lightly for about 4yrs. Then stored for years in a Pelican case . Decided to do a tune on it and I’m following Astro Baby’s rebuild . Taking apart the ra found the mount has been grinding away . The pic is a side view . 180• around is polished . Will this affect the performance in the end ? Thanks 

D549F5CB-16C1-4F07-A017-687B9A950B9A.jpeg

I'm not sure if it has been rubbing.
It looks more like porosity in the casting and where the diameter has been machine is hasn't completely been  'cleaned up'
The top shoulder with the 'rubbing' marks sits inside the inner diameter of the brass wheel gear.  Check the inside of the brass wheel gear to see if that has marking in the corresponding position.
I think it should be a clearance on these diameters and the marks shouldn't have any effect on performance.

5 hours ago, Rheemhater said:

I also  found a sealed bearing leaking .

The rubber seals on the bearing are designed primarily to keep dust and particles from getting in to the bearing and do not 100% retain the grease.
You'll get that grease appear at the outer edge of the seal especially is the bearing has been filled with too much grease.
I would just wipe it off. The bearing is fine and doesn't need any thing else doing to it.