SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

In the Shadow of the Moon

Dave

Sorry about this, but I had to laugh as it was amusing.

Buzz Aldrin revealed he had a pee whilst decending the ladder to the surface. He paused at the bottom to do so. :mrgreen:

I never knew that until I saw the Documentery last night. He was determined to do a first at something then. Of course he did not contaminate the lunar environment. :laughing2:

Ron.

Sorry about this, but I had to laugh as it was amusing.

Buzz Aldrin revealed he had a pee whilst decending the ladder to the surface. He paused at the bottom to do so. :mrgreen:

I never knew that until I saw the Documentery last night. He was determined to do a first at something then. Of course he did not contaminate the lunar environment. :laughing2:

Ron.

I have to admit that had me chuckling too, first time I'd learned about it-certainly don't recall him telling Andrew Chaikin that. He actually appeared quite gracious toward Neil and freely admitted his boring nature at parties-went up in my estimation. The guy was a genius though ( still is !)

Al Bean was a laugh too !

Ooops!! Wish I hadn't seen that advertised now. I made such a fuss telling my wife that I had to watch it, she had to tell me she'd got me the DVD for chrimbo. That's one surprise gone now.

Slightly OT but the Mythbusters moonlanding special is also well worth a watch... certianly de-bunks the de-bunkers.... if that makes any sense...

Think i'll call into Tescos and pick up a copy of the "Shadow of the Moon".....

If you can get a cheap copy "the Right Stuff" is also a good watch...

Billy...

• 10 years later...

Wow, how is this for zombie thread revival? Before posting up I thought I would check to see if there was any discussion on it previously and found this one from 2008!

Anyway, Mrs Stu is out this evening and I decided to watch 'In the Shadow of the Moon' again on DVD. What a wonderful film, well worth watching if you haven't seen it. It really does give you a fabulous insight into the achievements of the space program, and more so the incredible character and capability of the astronauts themselves. All incredible, but I do love Mike Collins and Gene Cernan. Alan Bean is pretty funny too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Wow, how is this for zombie thread revival? Before posting up I thought I would check to see if there was any discussion on it previously and found this one from 2008!

Anyway, Mrs Stu is out this evening and I decided to watch 'In the Shadow of the Moon' again on DVD. What a wonderful film, well worth watching if you haven't seen it. It really does give you a fabulous insight into the achievements of the space program, and more so the incredible character and capability of the astronauts themselves. All incredible, but I do love Mike Collins and Gene Cernan. Alan Bean is pretty funny too.

It lives! 

I agree about SOTM, but do also try to catch 'Mission Control' - an ideal companion documentary, and in my eyes, just as good... 

Ady

• Thanks 1

Being we're discussing movies, I know it's not really Apollo related, but the movie "Hidden Figures" is also a good one.

Shows some incredible women who almost went unrecognized, and the times we were dealing with as well.