Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi all, I have been looking for a DSLR canon and have found a couple of very cheap (£120) used 1300d models. I am reading 18mp and wifi connections plus smart phone app which probably includes remote shutter release.

Any thoughts here? do i snap it up now or is there a better model for the same cost? I will be guiding and phd2 on a heq5pro with esprit 80 scope and .085 focal reducer.

hope you are all safe in this weather. Eastwood observatory won't be opening today!

I think that you should consider getting a modded Canon - it will get so much more detail on nebulas. An unmodded DSLR will disappoint.

Peter

• Like 1

what mods are made to the camera? is it something i can get done after purchase or do myself?

Have you considered a DSLR with a flip out screen? It’s an absolute lifesaver unless you’re running APT with a laptop. You can get your camera modded from cheapastrophotography.com (I’ve just had mine done) after purchase. Or you can buy a modified camera from him directly. The 1300D is a fine camera and you’ll be able to get some great shots with it 

I use DSLR controller and a android phone to control my 1100d really helps with focusing, no laptop used.