Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light 2.1X42 tiny bino

tico

Hi,
I just acquired a clone of the Vixen 2.1X42mm, a tiny and handy binocular, and I gave it the first light, it is a true "constellation catcher", beautiful images under winter skies, crisp and clean.
it´ve threads in the objects to thread 2 "filters ..., by chance, has anyone used a nebular filter, CLS, UHC or some other to achieve more contrast in the images?
Thank you,

tico

Edited by tico
  • Like 3

Hi Tico, I had some Kasai widebinos which I really enjoyed but reluctantly sold them to fund some other astro gear, I'd like to pick up another pair in the future.

I never did get a chance to use them with filters, I only own one 2" filter at the moment, they are quite expensive. I'd imagine under excellent conditions a fairly mild filter like a UHC or perhaps even DGM NPB would bump contrast effectively enough to enhance large objects like the North America nebula or the dark lanes in the milky way itself. If you do try filters, please let us know how they work!

• Like 1