Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Simon Dunsmore

COMPLETED - Sold Skywatcher EQ5 pro goto mount and 200pds reduced now £550, boxed. Or sold separately. .

Selling my complete set up as I'm moving into imaging. Happy to split if it helps. 

Skywatcher 200pds with dual speed focuser, finderscope and all relevant dust caps. 

Synscan goto mount with polar scope. Cables, handset etc. 

I will even throw in a lazer colminator (boxed) see images

This is a great kit for visual observations. All in mint condition, only slight wear to dovetail Bar and slight marks to counter weights and bar. 

All with original boxes and packaging. I've really looked after this. 

200MM (8") F/5 PARABOLIC DUAL-SPEED GO-TO NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR

The new Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200PDS Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror-set as the Explorer-200P Black Diamond Series, but with two significant advantages. A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision. Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography.

*Note: the Explorer-200PDS has a larger 58mm secondary mirror, for enhanced field illumination, compared to the Explorer-200P which has a 52mm secondary.

Looking for £550

EQ5 £350

200pds £245 with Lazer Collimator £230 without 

Ideally collection preferred, but can arrange postage at cost. 

I'm located in Folkestone, Kent 

Message me for more information. 

IMG_20200215_103348.jpg

IMG_20200215_103417.jpg

IMG_20200215_103622.jpg

IMG_20200215_103358.jpg

IMG_20200215_103410.jpg

IMG_20200214_165103.jpg

IMG_20200214_164338.jpg

IMG_20200214_165058.jpg

IMG_20200214_164627.jpg

IMG_20200214_164451.jpg

IMG_20200214_165117.jpg

IMG_20200214_164516.jpg

IMG_20200215_103502.jpg

IMG_20200215_103445.jpg

IMG_20200214_164504.jpg

IMG_20200214_164415.jpg

IMG_20200214_164400.jpg

IMG_20200215_103332.jpg

IMG_20200220_183331.jpg

IMG_20200220_183310.jpg

IMG_20200220_183343.jpg

Edited by Simon Dunsmore
Error

On 14/02/2020 at 17:38, Simon Dunsmore said:

Selling my complete set up as I'm moving into imaging. 

Skywatcher 200pds with dual speed focuser, finderscope and all relevant dust caps. 

Synscan goto mount with polar scope. Cables, handset etc. 

I will even throw in a lazer colminator (boxed) see images

This is a great kit for visual observations. All in mint condition, only slight wear to dovetail Bar and slight marks to counter weights and bar. 

All with original boxes and packaging. I've really looked after this. 

200MM (8") F/5 PARABOLIC DUAL-SPEED GO-TO NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR

The new Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200PDS Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror-set as the Explorer-200P Black Diamond Series, but with two significant advantages. A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision. Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography.

*Note: the Explorer-200PDS has a larger 58mm secondary mirror, for enhanced field illumination, compared to the Explorer-200P which has a 52mm secondary.

Looking for £600 ovno

Ideally collection preferred, but can arrange postage at cost. 

I'm located in Folkestone, Kent 

Message me for more information. 

Hi Simon, would you split the package? I am interested in the mount.

I am in Hawkinge.

Hi, 

I really would rather not, I kind of want to just clear the whole thing in one go. If it's OK with you, I'll leave it for a week and then if it doesn't sell as a package I'll come back to you. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Simon 

1 minute ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi, 

I really would rather not, I kind of want to just clear the whole thing in one go. If it's OK with you, I'll leave it for a week and then if it doesn't sell as a package I'll come back to you. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Simon 

Thanks Simon that's ok.

I have a 6" Helios refractor at present, so I am very reluctant to obtain another big heavy telescope.

Hi, 

I actually had a guy interested in the EQ5. If you are genuinely interested, I'll contact him to agree to split. I just didn't want to be left with one part of the set up. 

I'd be looking for £250 if that is agreeable. I'll include the laser collimator. But courier charges (if you are not local) would be at cost. 

As mentioned in my listing, the scope is absolutely mint condition apart from slight scratches to dovetail Bar. Boxed. 

If you let me know if you are genuinely interested, I'll contact the other buyer. 

Obviously no pressure. 

Thanks for your interest 

Simon 

2 hours ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi, 

I actually had a guy interested in the EQ5. If you are genuinely interested, I'll contact him to agree to split. I just didn't want to be left with one part of the set up. 

I'd be looking for £250 if that is agreeable. I'll include the laser collimator. But courier charges (if you are not local) would be at cost. 

As mentioned in my listing, the scope is absolutely mint condition apart from slight scratches to dovetail Bar. Boxed. 

If you let me know if you are genuinely interested, I'll contact the other buyer. 

Obviously no pressure. 

Thanks for your interest 

Simon 

Hi Simon,

I am interested in OTA, but 40 quid savings over the brand new is not big incentive, sorry. 

Cheers!

not trying to upset anyone but I would normally sell for around 60-70% of the brand new cost.

5 minutes ago, spillage said:

not trying to upset anyone but I would normally sell for around 60-70% of the brand new cost.

Hi, Not upsetting at all :) absolutely no pressure to buy. I can honestly say hand on heart that this set up in mint condition. If people prefer to buy new I completely understand. I m open to offers near the asking price.

Thanks! 

On 15/02/2020 at 21:17, Martin13 said:

Hi Simon, would you split the package? I am interested in the mount.

I am in Hawkinge.

Hi Martin, 

Looking like I have a possible buyer for the 200pds. Are you still interested in the Mount/tripod? 

I'm looking for £350 ovno. 

Let me know. 

Thanks again for looking 

Simon 

1 hour ago, DainiusU said:

Hi Simon,

I am interested in OTA, but 40 quid savings over the brand new is not big incentive, sorry. 

Cheers!

Hi, 

No problem. I'm happy to negotiate. But the lowest price I can do is £225. 

The cheapest I've found this for is £299 so thats almost £75 cheaper than buying new! 

Cheers Simon 

I met Simon this morning, he's a really nice chap and his kit is in excellent condition. Unfortunately though it's not what I wanted.  Hopefully someone else will snap it up. You won't be disappointed if you do.

• Thanks 1