Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

5 minutes ago, JamesF said:

That's what I'd be looking for first, certainly.

I'd give it a go on my own laptop, but I've had a touch too much wine this evening to trust myself to do anything complicated with computers.

James

just use the mouse and stay away from amazon then.....

I have it one my google drive if he wants a copy but has not replied yet

2 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

Im getting nowhere with it.... Am gonna go back to my nikon lol

did you get the software that I was enquiring about?

Did you get a copy of ksd291a_installer.zip ?

Edited by fozzybear

3 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

Im getting nowhere with it.... Am gonna go back to my nikon lol

don't give up to soon

APT is the best program, I'm sorry you don't get on with it but I use the FB page to learn and use it myself!

7 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

Im just send email address to you 

and replied

this hobby if it not one thing it is another bug bearer that gets us down but you will get there eventually. What does not help is the OS updates that then removes stuff. annoying to say the least. You will get there eventually.

Thank you i will try it tomorrow... Ive spent all day trying to get my camera to connect 

• Like 1

Just now, Anthony1979 said:

Thank you i will try it tomorrow... Ive spent all day trying to get my camera to connect 

Don't worry it will all come together eventually I've had bad days as well join the club

2 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

did you get my email link to my share

Im just wondering if its anything to do with the windows update because it connected to APT before the update and now it wont connect.... It will connect fine with qdslrdashboard 

1 minute ago, fozzybear said:

did you get my email link to my share

I will look tomorrow turned laptop off its driving my nuts

Just now, Anthony1979 said:

Im just wondering if its anything to do with the windows update because it connected to APT before the update and now it wont connect.... It will connect fine with qdslrdashboard 

windowz has a habit of removing stuff... try re-installing the canon app that I have shared with you as it seems to be a driver issue

7 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

The camera might well work with this app yet APT may well require the native drivers for the 450D from Canon I do not know the answer to this question windows updates have a habit of removing stuff. yet you have avoided as to whether you managed to get the original 450D software with driver's this would help a lot. I've shared them with you so let's hope we can get to the bottom of this and put it to bed eventually and get you going on your way.

Andy

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, adyj1 said:

Can I just check, is it unable to connect in APT, but is visible in 'Computer Manger' in Windows - or can't Windows see it? 

You said it connects OK with qdslrdashoboard, which suggests the Windows side of things is OK... 

If this is the case, is the right version of digic being selected by APT? 

Computer reconizes the camera... Ive selected digic 3... But still says cannot detect camera in APT 

Go to tools bottom of screen >object calculator check you have selected correct camera just incase you swapped back to your nikon ,

4 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Go to tools bottom of screen >object calculator check you have selected correct camera just incase you swapped back to your nikon ,

It the correct camera

So opening up APT and BEFORE  plugging camera to pc what, choose camera and pressing connect will bring up the camera dialogue box what camera is marked up as the chosen camera ? .

1 hour ago, bottletopburly said:

So opening up APT and BEFORE  plugging camera to pc what, choose camera and pressing connect will bring up the camera dialogue box what camera is marked up as the chosen camera ? .

This is without camera plugged in

DSC_0407.JPG

Edited by Anthony1979

17 hours ago, fozzybear said:

The camera might well work with this app yet APT may well require the native drivers for the 450D from Canon I do not know the answer to this question windows updates have a habit of removing stuff. yet you have avoided as to whether you managed to get the original 450D software with driver's this would help a lot. I've shared them with you so let's hope we can get to the bottom of this and put it to bed eventually and get you going on your way.

Andy

Ive just installed that file you sent but im still getting nothing