Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Sir Patrick's DSO catalogue, I've added the available Caldwells to my basic Marathon search sequence. 

Those interested may be pleasantly surprised by how many of the additional treasures are only a short hop from a given (or en route to the next) Messier.

The sequence for 40°N can be found at the SEDS Messier Marathon homepage or at my blog.

Peace, Stephen

Edited by onefistinthestars
link
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StevieH
      Hi all I’m just looking for advice on upgrading telescop. At the minute I’ve got a Meade ETX 125 and had some good views with it so far. Mainly Moon Planets and brighter clusters. However I wanted to see more Galaxies and nebulas which is a much to ask for a F15 scope. 
      im looking at second hand Celestron/Meade 9.25” f10 s With maybe a focal reducer and Sky-Watcher 10”-12” F4.9 dobsonians which is the better choice?
    • By Arshad Wali Muhammad
      Hi. I want to buy Celestron Evolution 9.25 with startsense. I have heard star sense isn’t avbl in 9.25 but 8.0. Is it true ? Is starsense very useful ? What’s actually is starsense is ? Because I’m not interested in 8 inch. Secondly is it better then 11 inch  CGX EQUATORIAL 1100 SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE? If not what’s the difference in terms of object clearity ? Secondly is Celestron motorized ? I mean to say the object moves very fast, so can it track the object live ? Please advise. 

• By trunting
      I've been having another crack at DSO imaging lately, and I've managed to produce this from 6 hours of integration: 
      I'm quite pleased with it but I'm very new to image processing, so I'd be incredibly grateful if someone wouldn't mind having a go at processing my data!

Image Info:
      Lights: 46x4min + 66x3min  Stacked with Dark, Flat and Bias frames Stacked in DSS and processed in GIMP Taken under Bortle 7/8 skies Gear:
      SkyWatcher ED80 0.85x Reducer Astro-Modified EOS 600D ZWO ASI 120MM Mini Guide Camera with 9x50 Finderscope HEQ5 Pro Mount There's some dust bunnies and other artefacts on the image that I know I could spend more time removing, however I'm wondering if I'm doing my data justice in processing!
      Thanks, Tom
      NGC7023 (2).TIF
    • By thehappypleiades
      Hi, newbie here! I’m hoping to get some advice on some star-gazing binoculars. I’ve read through the forum and I’ve decided to stay away from zoom bino’s because I’m just starting out, and I will eventually look into telescopes and whatnot if I wish to see the skies in more detail! 

So I’ve pretty much settled on something between 8 x 42 and 10 x 50. Please let me know the best ones in this range!!! 
      I’ve read some reviews on the Helios Lightquest HR 10x50’s so any advice on those would be great too! I’m open to suggestions but what I’m really hoping to get is a sturdy pair of first binoculars that I can keep around for the long run, and hopefully drag around on many adventures. I’m willing to invest in a tripod as well for focused gazing, although I plant to keep them around my neck for a while so I can get used to them! 

I’m also unsure of how to find a great lightweight tripod so any links would be great! Love the forum so far and I’m excited to start observing the skies!

Happy Stargazing,
      thehappypleiades
    • By ro88ieuk
      For some reason I've found time to use the Solar Film I've had for 2 years...fitted to 25 x 100 bins. I may have to paint them though..😊 ps... the Wine was nice.
      Stay safe all  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.