Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hubble Image

Captured by the Hubble Space Telescope, this arms  wide open Galaxy NGc 2008 
is just another spectacular Image to add to the so many this wonderful Instrument has blessed us with.
I try not to dwell too much on how much more life the Hubble has left.
I guess that will be determined by  how successful  the launch and Commission of the James  Clerk Maxwell turns out to be.

NGC2008.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope the Hubble is allowed to function for as long as it's feasible to do so James.
The JWT of course as you know, will be  imaging in the Infrared, and will reveal very distant objects denied to the Hubble 
due to the vast distances involved.
I'm just hoping for a launch sooner rather than later, and that the telescopes deployment
is entirely trouble free. Nasa's taking their time testing, getting it as perfect as it can to ensure a perfect result.
However, it's still in the lap of the Gods:happy11:.
Ron.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely  incredible what Hubble has shown us over the years  and yes looking forward to James  Clerk Maxwell  going up. I am just amazed at the numbers involved to do with space ,like the speed of light and how big nebula and things  (MIND BLOWING)

On 13/02/2020 at 18:01, barkis said: