Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Dominic Graham

Skywatcher Explorer 200p and EQ5 'go to' mount for sale

Skywatcher Explorer 200p telescope and EQ5 go to mount.

Selling my dads telescopes and accessories due to his passing. I know he wouldn't want them to be sat in my garage gathering dust and would like them to go to a good home where someone else can enjoy them like he did.

I am no expert, but both items are excellent condition with no internal marks or damage. Mount is is the EQ5 go to mount

Has a 28mm eye piece on the telescope.

SynScan hand held controller and cables.

Can send more photos if required and answer any questions you may have. 

£500 for the both. 

Live in the south West of England for collection.

IMG_0608.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

Edited by Dominic Graham
incorrect

If you'd be willing to split this then I'm interested in the eq5 mount 

If it came with that eyepeice & dual speed focuser its likely a 200 PDS try and find the invoice. shame well beyond my pocket

Does look like my '200PDS' - not marked up as so but 2 speed focuser and that eyepiece as previous poster says. Despite what it says more like 911mm FL and focuses just fine with a DSLR. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, philhilo said:

Does look like my '200PDS' - not marked up as so but 2 speed focuser and that eyepiece as previous poster says. Despite what it says more like 911mm FL and focuses just fine with a DSLR. Good luck.

I think the labels are just stock labels, same as marked on FLO's web site for both the 8" & 10" PDS

Apparently the tube of the 200P is around 920mm long whereas the 200PDS is nearer 800mm (hard to find specs for that one), so that should be a way to tell them apart.

James

Hmm, actually it looks as though different sources give different figures for the tube lengths of the 200P and 200PDS, so perhaps that's not going to work :(

James

FLO's site says the 200PDS is shorter and then gives the same length for both, so I've emailed to ask if there's a mistake.  Unless someone can measure a PDS first, hopefully they'll be able to provide a definitive answer.

James

8 hours ago, geordie85 said:

If you'd be willing to split this then I'm interested in the eq5 mount 

Hi, yes happy to discuss splitting them if your interested in the mount only. 

On 11/02/2020 at 22:40, JamesF said:

Apparently the tube of the 200P is around 920mm long whereas the 200PDS is nearer 800mm (hard to find specs for that one), so that should be a way to tell them apart.

James

Yes I was told the p was f5, the pds is f4

2 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Yes I was told the p was f5, the pds is f4

They are both f5. The PDS version has a slightly shorter tube to make achieving focus with a camera easier. There is also a true f4 200 called the Quattro.

49 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

They are both f5. The PDS version has a slightly shorter tube to make achieving focus with a camera easier. There is also a true f4 200 called the Quattro.

Sorry, yes that's the one I was thinking of

I'd be very interested  to know the exact tube length of a marked 200 PDS as well, if someone could actually measure one.

As mentioned already on this thread, I understand it to be the same focal length and focal ratio, but with the shorter tube length to allow prime focus photography, (meaning that it also needs tube extensions to get focus when used with eyepieces).

I believe it is also fitted with a slightly larger secondary mirror to avoid vignetting caused by the secondary mirror being closer to the primary.

Mine doesn't have the PDS label on the OTA, but it does have the dual speed focuser.