Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reading list help needed

Firstly, apologies if this has been covered already, I have tried to search but think my search for keywords is too broad a search to find what I am looking for.

Seeing as the weather doesn’t seem to want to play and also that I have been a good long while away from the hobby I have decided to re learn everything again. Now I do know I need another copy of turn left at Orion (a bad break up has meant I have lost mine) but I was wondering if anyone can recommend any other good reads to help me in my pursuit of discovering what the universe holds out there.

As I said, I tried to search already and if anyone can get me a link to a thread with these I would very grateful.

Many thanks all

If you wish to start from basics, the Backyard Astronomer's Guide, 2nd edition by Terrence Dickinson and Alan Dyer is a good starting point. I've heard great things about Nightwatch by Terrence Dickinson as well, but it is a little bit more basic than my other suggestion.

Kind regards,

Alexandros

7 hours ago, barkis said:

Try and acquire  copy of Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series. I know it isn't reading material, but you will find enthralling, inspiring, and thoroughly enjoyable.  

Ron.

I have watched bits here and there mainly through YouTube if I'm not mistaken and have been meaning to try and catch it all

On 11/02/2020 at 17:19, barkis said:

Try and acquire  copy of Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series. I know it isn't reading material, but you will find enthralling, inspiring, and thoroughly enjoyable.  

Ron.

Good call. I have recently finished reading Carl Sagan’s Cosmos. What an amazing read and hugely thought provoking. Not often I get all branches of Science and a tour of history all intertwined in one place.

I am pretty sure I saw Prof Cox say that it was that book that really got him inspired to pursue science.

Marvin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1