Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from sunny central Florida

EdDoyle

Hello,

I've always been interested in astronomy and then last Christmas my wife bought me a Meade ETX90.  It's a great little scope and I've been taking advantage of the clear winter nights here in Florida.  I will search the forum for specifics to my scope.  Having issues getting a good alignment.

And as Jack Horkhiemer says "keep looking up"

• Like 2

Welcome, there are some good places in FL. If you get a chance nip over to Cedar Key area, very dark skies that way (according to friend, not been personally but light pollution map does show really dark areas there) Another spot up on the panhandle, can't think of it at the moment. Otherwise enjoy the clear skies and relative warmth wherever you are.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Thanks Jeff,

I think my little 90 will be a good starter scope.  Later after I learn the basics I might like to get something in the 8" range, anything bigger than that is to much for me to handle by myself. 

The nights here in central Florida this time of year are great and the misquitoes are not out for my blood.

Thanks again,

Ed