Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan + Luminos on one iOS device

Prador

Forgive me if this has already been posted or commented on :)

Just seen an update in the app store for the Synscan app that allows the control of a SW mount in Luminos.  How does Luminos stack up compared to Sky Safari Plus? I'm curious if it's worth shelling out £29 for the convenience of not having to use two iOS devices.

In fact, are two iOS devices still required? I'm possibly barking up the wrong tree as I'm yet to actually use SynScan and SS+ in anger on my NEQ6.

Had SkySafari but after trying Luminos deleted SkySafari. Luminos is much nicer to use and is a lot slicker and better looking.

Fouund this on CN.

“Fortunately, I just learned that Luminos (another planetarium app) has added SynScan compatibility. I tested it out last night, and it works great. You simply log into SynScan on your iOS device, open SynScan, and do an alignment. Once you're aligned in SynScan, you simply open Luminos and connect. In Luminos, go to "Observe", "Remote Control", "Configure", Protocol "Sky-Watcher SynScan App". Then, after your SynScan alignment, in Luminos go to "Observe", and toggle the "Connection" button. It works like a charm, and only uses a single iOS device“

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...