Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Drakester

EQ6-R Pro & Altair Skyshed pier adaptor issue.

Hi guys. 

I upgraded my HEQ5 for and EQ6-R Pro today, but am having problems connecting the mount head to my Altair Skyshed Pier. 

The HEQ5 adaptor plate doesn’t fit the base of the EQ6-R, and it just rests on top leaving a gap of about 5mm between adaptor and mount. 

It looks like the adaptor recess for the mount to sit in isnt quite large enough in diameter. (Photos attached)

Ive contacted Altair, and am waiting for a reply. 

Does anyone know of an adaptor which may fit, or another workaround?

Cheers. Matt. 

D2C98D61-BBE9-48A3-B920-2E64BDDB1D51.jpeg

A10C15F7-8711-4DB6-85CF-6EA572C98CC4.jpeg

A493ACED-C1FE-4B0E-9614-65A2AA41DF98.jpeg

4286FF90-FDEE-420E-AE90-BB6C6A058987.jpeg

Just heard back from Altair, and my adapter is apparently an old version which doesn't fit the EQ6-R mount.

They have pointed me in the direction of their newer multi pier adapter which supports the EQ6-R.

Cheers.

Yes I used to have an EQ6 and then bought an HEQ5 and had to change my pier adapter.

Carole 

Can’t you just get it milled out a tad at a metalwork shop somewhere, it maybe much cheaper than a new adapter plate...?

Any machine shop will be able to open it up to fit quite easily, if you were closer to Guildford I would say pop round and I'll stick it on my lathe.

Looks like it just needs boring out to around 2.5 inches.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I hadn't even considered getting the old adaptor re-milled. Mark huge thanks for the offer :)

I did briefly explore making one from a car brake disc, as some people seem to have done that with some success.

Unfortunately I've already bitten the bullet and have a new one on the way from RVO. 

I'll get the old one on the SGL classifieds, ABS etc to try and recoup some cash ;)