SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Have you seen that moon!

Barry-W-Fenner

3 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Alas, thick cloud, wind and rain here as Storm Ciara rolls in... Batten down the hatches!

Louise

Yep I think it won't be long before it arrives here to. The clear sky a slowly being swallowed up. I set up the 200p hoping for a look at half time in the rugby. Think I will just pack up again now...

Baz

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I just went and had a quick look at Venus and Mercury, then a quick Lunar looksee.
Binocular only as packing up from a full on days DIY ing.
Lovely as you say Robert.

I also had a look at Venus while it was still light. I am really impressed with the visual polarising filter on Venus. It Really helps take the glare away and resolve the disc.

no joy with Mercury tonight though, it had already been covered by the cloud on the horizon

Baz

Edited by Barry-W-Fenner

25 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thats just showing off Stu 😁 great image. How did you take that? I assume with that detail it wasn't the old phone to the eye piece trick 😂

Thanks Barry. I'm afraid it was indeed, handheld at the eyepiece of my 4" apo. The Moon looked lovely through the scope even though it was still quite low.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Quick one through the scope. Lovely!

PSX_20200208_175205.jpg

1 hour ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thats just showing off Stu 😁 great image. How did you take that? I assume with that detail it wasn't the old phone to the eye piece trick 😂

50 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks Barry. I'm afraid it was indeed, handheld at the eyepiece of my 4" apo. The Moon looked lovely through the scope even though it was still quite low.

Nice moon pic . It is surprising how good the old phone at the eyepiece trick works at times. I know I have tried this a few times in the past in the frac. Get the phone in the correct position at the eyepiece and keep the hand steady for a few seconds . Then you can get a real good pic and great detail. Good old mobile phones. Great for a bit of basic AP work 👍