SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problems w EKOS?

vineyard

Hello,

I had a nice stable version of Kstars & EKOS loaded on my Mac. But now I'm having a few problems. I think it may be to do with the new release done over the year-end. When I try & use astrometry offline it says I need to have Python & AstroPy installed. These already were, but I saw the the new release needs Pyhton3 so I installed that. I've also installed AstroPy - but sometimes it says everything is installed, other times its says AstroPy needs to be installed and then says it couldn't be installed.

Has anyone else been havgin problems lately, or am I just doing something really silly. I've already tried deleting & re-installing Kstars. SHould I go back to an earlier version (as I quite like using Ekos and would prefer to do offline solving as I think its faster), or am I missing a simple trick?

Thank you!

Vin

I figured out what the problem was.  Because I had installed astropy, I had to change the location in the Align Options to point the software in the right location.  This thread was a useful pointer: https://indilib.org/forum/ekos/5400-python-3-mac-osx/40883.html b/c when I used Terminal and pip/pip3 it came up with a message saying that astropy was already installed, with the location handily specified.  So I just cut & paste that location into the EKOS Align Options box for python's path and hey presto it worked.  Used it offline last night, and it worked a TREAT (and fast too!).

Replying to myself (a) in case anyone else has any similar problems, and also (b) so when I inevitably forget in the future, I can come back & look here :)

• Like 2