Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

knobby

12 Ah portable power tank

Knocked this up last year but wasn't happy with it as I wanted to know what was being used and how far I could let the 12 Ah SLA go before stopping. It only powers an AZ- GTi and a ZWO 1600 Pro which pulls about 0.6 amps up to about 1.5 amps during slew and initial cooling. The thick, non flexible Skywatcher power leads were effecting guiding when cold  so I got creative ... Bought some nice 4 amp flexible silicon cable / plugs and a volt / ammeter 😁 a bit of soldering later ... Looks a bit 'Mission impossible' I think Tom Cruise would be impressed

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

• Like 2

That looks super impressive matey. Love how you incorporated this in a briefcase.... Genius!!! 

• Thanks 1

Cheers Ahmed, I have one for the mount / camera and another (slightly less impressive looking) one for the dew heaters. Could have probably got a bigger battery but I like the idea of light weight kit since I damaged my shoulder , also prefer having separate supply for the draining dew heaters. 

Edited by knobby

Don't get stopped with that in the boot of your car..... a can of worms explaining that. otherwise nice job. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

I guess if its just for the heater, you could try a lithium pack with a 12v output, maybe something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TalentCell-Rechargeable-6000mAh-1a4XT9/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=12v+power+bank&qid=1581114689&sr=8-7

Sorry mate the link doesn't work. 

2 hours ago, knobby said:

Cheers Ahmed, I have one for the mount / camera and another (slightly less impressive looking) one for the dew heaters. Could have probably got a bigger battery but I like the idea of light weight kit since I damaged my shoulder , also prefer having separate supply for the draining dew heaters. 

I couldn't agree more Gary but then you can always have a larger battery and have it on wheels. I've seen quite a few people do that too. Just another idea I suppose. 

• Like 1