Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16" - own one?

Guys, our club is buying a travel scope and we are seriously considering the SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16".
Michael has been very helpful answering questions but we'd love to hear your impressions or advice, ESPECIALLY if you currently own or have owned one. Photos of the mirror cell or of the setup would be very helpful (says it's 6 point but looks like 3 arms, is this sufficient?)

What is the alt/az movement / balance / shake like? 

If you've used it to travel via plane also, what was that like? Did you find it easy to manage. 

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair they are nicely finished scopes mine was the 14” ultra light with Zambuto mirror movement was great in both axis however  collimation and mirror sling I think let it down it didn’t hold it to well and to much movement and the adjusting was poor for a size mirror as this was hence why I no longer have it