Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

BobMac

EQ1 counterweight rod. Where can I find one ?

I'm looking for a replacement counterweight rod for a Skywatcher EQ1 mount. Cant find mine after dismantling everything a good wjhle ago.

Can anyone please tell me where I could source one ? Cant find anbody online .

Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, BobMac said:

I'm looking for a replacement counterweight rod for a Skywatcher EQ1 mount. Cant find mine after dismantling everything a good wjhle ago.

Can anyone please tell me where I could source one ? Cant find anbody online .

Thanks. 

I may have one, (unless anyone else has one), and If I do, it came from an Astro-Engineering table-top tripod. I can confirm over the weekend, as it is in my attic/loft, in a box with some PC parts, (don't ask why)! ...just seemed to be a good idea at the time. If it is there, I will send you a PM to confirm either way. 

Thanks guys.

Knobby, I had a look on there, but no joy.😔

Philip R . Cheers, let me know if you find it 👍

Astroboot would have been my first resort, too.  Worth keeping an eye on if no-one has one available.

Alternatively perhaps you could "bodge" something using a length of threaded rod of the appropriate size inside an aluminium tube.  That's pretty much what I did to make a counterweight bar for my AZ4.

James

If you cannot source the actual part, you should be able to make up something from standard parts, or have an engineering workshop make one from steel bar stock.

Thanks for the replys guys . I have a couple of possibilities, just have to find out the exact thread size 👍

I have now managed to find one. Thanks to all who responded.