Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mount suggestions

geordie85

Hi

I'm looking for a mount to use on dark sky trips and I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm wanting something with goto but is also relatively lightweight and easy to setup/ tear down. There's a few about on the 2nd hand market at the moment but with most costing £400+ that's a bit more than I'm wanting to spend as it will only be used rarely. Payload isn't a great concern ss it will only be used with a Samyang 135mm lens and qhy183c. 

I have an neq6 for my main rig, but it isn't exactly portable. I also have a star adventurer but I loose almost half my subs due to errors and even more time trying to polar align then find my target, then again polar aligning as its very easy to knock out. 

Would it be worth getting the star adventurer hypertuned, or should I just get another, sturdier mount with goto? 

All thoughts and opinions are welcomed