Narrowband

M42 reprocess

carastro

This is a complete reprocess from my image taken at Davey T's place, I wasn't happy with the Core, the colour and a few other aspects.  Still not 100% happy with the colour, but I think it's better than the original.

This is the original post for details and comparison:

spacer.png

• Like 10

Very nice image Carole,to see it enveloped in so much dust is refreshing,most people tend to go with deep rich colours when imaging this Nebulae.Nothing wrong in doing that at all,but think this is proberbly what you may see,if you could view it up close.

I can only really see subtle changes from your original post,so I don't think you were too much off the mark with that one.

Mick.

• Like 1

Both are great but I do prefer the slightly increased contrast of the revised version it gives the dusty areas more emphasis, and I agree the core on the second version is more subtle and showing a little more detail.  A really very nice image.

• Like 1