Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

harry page

Widefield Horsehead

Hi

I remember seeing images of the horsehead nebula many years ago and thinking I need to be into this imaging game :)

and I have tried many times to get a decent image of the horsehead , but it is low in the orange gooo around here and have failed many times with various scopes

Now I have tried with my tak 106   ( f5 ) and a sx sxvr H35 and even though I am still short on data ( yes Never enough is there) I am  reasonbly happy with it

Did struggle with processing and this is my upteenth attempt and perhapes will come back to it next year

It consists of 270min lum and 270min RGB taken in 5 min subs

please see here for a high res version http://www.harrysastroshed.com/imagepages/nebulapages/horse.html

Thanks for looking

Regards

Harry

horse1000.jpg

• Like 38

Loads of lovely nebulosity Harry! 
Had I taken this, I would be happy, and possibly printing it off to put on my wall! 
thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

• Like 2

Not half bad at all 👍🏻
Not a camera I’m familiar with, but after a quick google it’s a big sensor.  Is this just a single frame and not a mosaic?

Incredible! I'd be jumping and down with joy until my legs gave way if I got an image like that, well done.

Its simply beautiful! if you're not totally happy with that, i hear Hubble is still for the rent.

I want that on my wall.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Not half bad at all 👍🏻
Not a camera I’m familiar with, but after a quick google it’s a big sensor.  Is this just a single frame and not a mosaic?

Hi

Yes just a big chip - never get enough imaging time here in the uk for a mosaic

Harry

• Thanks 1

Ooooooo.... that's absolutely lovely Harry 👍 I can see how this is an iconic image for so many.

That's lovely, Harry. Something of a change of style for you, too, as it seems to me. A softer processing which certainly suits this dusty, gassy region.

Olly

20 hours ago, assouptro said:

Loads of lovely nebulosity Harry! 
Had I taken this, I would be happy, and possibly printing it off to put on my wall! 
thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thanks for looking and print away if you like :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adam1234 said:

Incredible! I'd be jumping and down with joy until my legs gave way if I got an image like that, well done.

Please dont break anything on my behalf :)  😁

Harry

10 hours ago, swag72 said:

Ooooooo.... that's absolutely lovely Harry 👍 I can see how this is an iconic image for so many.

Hi

Thanks Sara

BTW I saw Mr astro pixel at the uk astro fest and I promised to have a go - So I am listening to your vids

what goes around comes around :)

Cheers

Harry

10 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That's lovely, Harry. Something of a change of style for you, too, as it seems to me. A softer processing which certainly suits this dusty, gassy region.

Olly

Oh dear am I going soft In my old age 🤪

Harry

4 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

Now that is a lot of dust! Awesome capture! And I like how you handled the (very) bright stars.

Hi

I did manage to keep the brighness down - but have lost the colour to bright stars -- need to get some short subs for this -----Sometime 😬

Cheers for looking

Harry

Sorry to repeat previous replies but that is awesome, I to would be having a professional print made of that for my wall If it was mine. 👍

Steve

Ooh, that's very nice indeed. I'd be delighted if I managed anything anywhere near that from my Bortle 4-3 location, nevermind anywhere afflicted with the horrid orange goo.

1 hour ago, harry page said:

Oh dear am I going soft In my old age 🤪

Harry

Nope, just mellowing, maybe!! There's a difference...

😁lly

Lovely image Harry, I particularly like the dusty details below HH.  There is so much to look at here!

5 hours ago, MartinB said:

Lovely image Harry, I particularly like the dusty details below HH.  There is so much to look at here!

Me too :)

I like the dust in front of the reflection nebula 🤪

Harry

Beautiful rendition Harry, great detail in the dark dust, and lovely colour.  As said major stars controlled well.  

Carole 

• Like 1

As a purely visual observer that looks a fantastic image!! Well done 👍