SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroberry/Ekos first looks

TerryMcK

33 minutes ago, wormix said:

Anyone know what the standard password for ssh is?

ta

If you ssh into the Astroberry then the username is astroberry and the password also is astroberry (as a default)

This can be changed easily.

1 hour ago, TerryMcK said:

If you ssh into the Astroberry then the username is astroberry and the password also is astroberry (as a default)

This can be changed easily.

Thanks - I was hoping you wouldn’t say that as I tried astroberry and it didn’t work meaning I changed to something I no longer remember!

Just now, wormix said:

Thanks - I was hoping you wouldn’t say that as I tried astroberry and it didn’t work meaning I changed to something I no longer remember!

Not sure if you know but If you ssh from a PC then you need to make sure you use the ssh -l astroberry so you are trying to log on as the astroberry user not a windows one

I'm a couple of days into my new Pi 4 and Astroberry. Just learning how it works and getting the feel for it.

Have installed "Share GPS" on my cheap android tablet and it passes time and GPS to KStars via the GPS NMEA tool. I intend using my tablet to run Astroberry so I'm tailoring my learning round that. 

Although I'm mostly using simulation, I did hook it up to my mount and DSLR yesterday for real world feed back. No point going to far down that route until my new cameras arrive. Maybe just looking at an SSD to dump my imaging data to.

Anyway, I think I've dry-run this thing to death! Can only really learn more out under the stars, ruining some photons!!