Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Swgogtrs

Hello from Tucson, AZ

Greetings everyone, from Tucson, AZ. My name is Tom and have been playing on and off with astronomy since I was a kid. Currently have a lot going on, planning a telescope dolly build soon for my CPC-1100. Just to save my back at this point and the sweat and tears of lifting all the gear. Will post pictures when I actually start it. Love the visual observing but getting more in to the astrophotography now and seeing the black hole in my wallet getting larger. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello Tom, welcome to SGL! I had the CPC 1100, unfortunately it almost killed me twice while carrying it down my steps, loved it but, I had to part ways.

If you can leave it assembled and, just wheel it out then you're gold, enjoy it!.

Edited by Sunshine

Hi Tom, welcome to SGL :smile:

Hi Tom! Bet you have some wonderful dark skies there in AZ. I generally go running outside in joy here with my scope when the cloud and rain passes. A big scope in the desert would be bliss, as long as the scorpions stay back!

Hello Tom. Ive yet to make it to Tucson but do love the South West USA. 

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun and lots of success with the AP. 🙂

Hi and welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciate the welcomes. See you out there - Clear Skies. 

Hello Tom. I've been to Tucson a few times and called at Starizona, plus visited some of the observatories. I really liked the place.

Rich

Tom, welcome to the lounge.

Rick

Welcome Tom, look forward to seeing some of your imaging work if you feel like sharing.

Welcome Tom!

The black hole in your wallet will only get larger unfortunately as you get further into Astrophotography, but it’s worth it! 

I bet those AZ skies are amazing. The UK is 98% permanent cloud.