Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC2169

astro mick

Hi.

IC2169 is a very faint Reflection Nebulae in Monoceros.This Nebulae is so faint it did,nt even show after a 600 sec sub.Also can be seen at the upper right is a smaller Nebulae NGC2245.

This is an RGB image only as I found adding a luminance tended to produce larger stars,which I thought distracted form the image.

It was taken using my 80ED scope and Atik ccd mono camera.18x 600 second subs were each taken for the RGB.The image was fully calibrated with Bias/Darks and Flats.

Minimal processing was done in Photo-Shop.

Cheers.

Mick.IC2169a.thumb.png.2905226010dbc5f06380ed87ae178b1c.png 

• Like 12

Very nice, and it does look rather faint, indeed. 

If luminance gives you larger stars, maybe your subs are slightly overexposed. I use 120 s subs for L, but 240 s for rgb. That is with a cmos camera. Just a thought.

• Like 1

One for me to avoid if it's that faint, I get fed up in the patch of sky after 2 hours tops, it's a very nice subtle nebula that you have captured and one I have not seen done before. I think you have done grand, don't pack it in I enjoy your captures.

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, astro mick said:

Thanks Wim,i will try that on my next bright star target.

Cheers Alan.

Just thinking out aloud.I thought for the amount of time pent on this,i would have achieved a better result.

I,ll still plod on.

Mick.

Feel we all feel like that from time to time. I was trying real hard last night to put something right after receiving good advice from some members on where I had gone wrong, as a result I found the problem, a focus locking knob that I could not see and had forgotten about. So in my hast to grab a patch of sky banged off 14 x 3mins, and made an utter mess of the focus. Back to the drawing board, I think even though it is not sharp though, I am on the right track to put things right. There is so much to remember with this damn hobby.

Alan

• Like 1

It's great to see something new and well done for the effort on going after something faint. Very nice processing, too. Superb background sky.

To my eye the stars and nebula might be a tad on the magenta side, suggesting a slight lift for the greens as an option.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It's great to see something new and well done for the effort on going after something faint. Very nice processing, too. Superb background sky.

To my eye the stars and nebula might be a tad on the magenta side, suggesting a slight lift for the greens as an option.

Olly

Thanks Olly.Appreciate the comments,will have a look at the green.

Mick.