Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Skipper Billy

A real mongrel M42 !!

So this is a real mongrel. I don't own the scope, camera or mount that most of the data was acquired with. I couldn't finish it as I didn't have the Red data in short subs for the core. Its only 90 mins LRGB for the nebula and 30 mins (10 mins each) RGB for the core so its not going to set the world on fire but it was 'interesting' combining data from different scopes and cameras and making it all fit together. Managed to grab 15 mins in between showers tonight. Most of the data is from a ED80 and Atik 460 mono and a wee bit from a Takahashi 106 and Atik 16200 (just for the core). Processed entirely in Pixinsight.

M42.tif

M42.jpg

Edited by Skipper Billy
Added Jpeg
  • Like 8

I could let you have some Red data for the core David, if you have software that will re-size and register.

seems a shame not to finish it just because of that. 

Carole 

Nice job so far David. I have red data from my 383L+ and ED80. If Carole can’t help I’ll send you the linear stack. 

Similar amount of data to my M42. And like you I’m a bit short of data too 🙈

Thanks Carole and Adam

To be honest the original data isn't that good so whilst its a very kind offer I think I will just hit the delete button and hope for a clear night so I can get a full set of data with my new outfit.

Thanks again.

• Like 1