Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kit-placement on mount?

masjstovel

Hi,

Im doing some cable-mannagement re-arranging on my AP setup. Equipment listed in signature.

I've bought a chunzehui f-1005 "powerpole" for fusing each component (camera, af, mount, dew heater), and one external 12v 10A power supply (meanwell NDR 120-12).

I havent done much electronics before, and not so much cable management before so i am a bit unsure of where its safe to put the powerpole. 

will it effect the balancing alot/some by having it placed near the polarscope top opening like on the attached picture? Will the current going through powerpole make vibrations to the mount? I feel the placement on the picture was very good "cable-managing-wise".

Plan is to have the power supply in a plasticbox underneath the tripod. 

20200201_024309.jpg

20200201_173328.jpg

20200201_024321.jpg

20200201_020633.jpg

Edited by masjstovel

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, m.tweedy said:

If you live in the UK and want to help small businesses then look at this

https://www.dewcontrol.com/Powerpole_Distribution_Box/p3099125_20055344.aspx

apologies if it is deemed Political. I hope not but if it is please delete and let me know. I have been a member on here too long to be barred.

Looks like they can supply everything including custom cables to length to keep thing really tidy.

• 4 months later...

Hi, sorry i thought my thread had died, but see now that people has replied.
I bought the powerpole at Amazon, with some supplied Anderson 12v connectors. 

They came with those contacts you clamp on your cabling . Had some issues with clamping them with clampingtool, as they were stuck in the tool sort of after. Managed to carefully hammer them out with a flat screwdriver. Might be an issue with the tool though.
Next problem (could be related to the previous), was getting the contacts pushed over the lip in the Anderson connector housings. I had stiff cables so could just use brute force, and it would click in place, but if i have had silicon cables for example i would really have struggled clicking them in place. 

I am happy with it so far, but havent got any blown fuses so wouldnt know if it actually works, but it seems solid! 

Edit:
And yes, its probably just me, but its worth mentioning: 
The rubber hoods i forgot to put on before the anderson connector housing probably 50% of the time. So remember to take these on cables first! 

Edited by masjstovel