Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Mr_42tr0nomy

Messie 101 - LRGB

Greetings!

This last week i spent my time collecting data on Messier 101, The Pinwheel Galaxy!

This is a cropped version. I may work on my wide-field but I found through editing that my flats were terrible due to thin clouds. I did NOT get great RGB data. Lots of gradients haha. Anyways, I spent 4 hrs each getting RGB data and tossed all of it besides the best 50 minutes each. That seemed to help a bit thought. My 8hrs of lum data turned out very nicely. I gathered 8hrs with my RC and18hrs of data with my newt I still have to process. This images includes the 8hrs of RC data.

Im also finding that what this edit looks like on my computer looks nothing like it does on my phone.. which is disappointing as Im not sure which one to edit for lol. ANYWAYS, I'm pleased! Hope you all enjoy it!

8"RC and 10" F/3.9
CEM60
asi1600mm-p (Gain 0 offset 21, 600s LRGB)
Astrodon LRGB

Clear Skies

Messier 101 quattro LRGB.jpg

• Like 9