Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Startech.com

SonnyE

My Star Tech powered USB hub smoked itself a couple of weeks ago. It just died and got stinky. Never a good sign.
So I went back to my old port powered PITA hub. And the camera drop outs it brings. sm22.gif
It was covered by their 2 year warranty.
And they sent me a brand new one. Got it today. I thought they would simply refurbish mine.
Back in business!

Stellar service by Star Tech.com Pro's.

Amid the whining of bad service experiences, it's nice to sing praises of truly fine Companies. Star Tech.com

• Like 1

Back in December of 2018 I bought a  Startech 7 port powered USB  hub, which I fitted to my new on 'scope DIY power hub. After a long break from imaging I am finally getting back into the swing of things after watching a few YouTube video tutorials on the various programs that I use.

Anyway, the other night I was simulating an imaging session to test out the various options only to discover that four of the seven usb ports weren't working. I looked up Startech's website and found that they have an online returns form. I duely filled in the form, including a copy of the receipt from an online retailer and sent it off.

The next day I received an email to say that my request for a replacement under warranty was approved and shortly after another email to say the replacement had been shipped! To be honest I thought they would say that it had been too long since the purchase, so I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a positive response and so quickly too.

What excellent customer service.  Well done Startech!

• Like 1

• Ibbo! locked this topic