Narrowband

Show Us Your Dobs

2 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Getting ready to rock and roll for some viewing..

DSC_0985.JPG

Enjoy. I went with clear outside which forecast  some cloud earlier on. It’s typically been perfect 😂 I have had too many Jobs to do though so it wasn’t really going to happen tonight.

Edited by Stardaze
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pixies said:

Didn't realise that those Morpheus eyepieces were so chunky!

Morning Pixies,

The Morphs are a fair chunk of glass, You can certainly get a decent grip on them when swapping over. The main lens is 37mm plus a few mm for the rubber eye cap so around 40mm total. The the barrel is slightly wider where the rubber grip begins.

The views they give are outstanding to my eye.

9 hours ago, Victor Boesen said:

You mean the coaster without a beer or glass of wine on it??

I guess I have some explaining to do! being a Monday night and a "School night" I had to pass on having a cold one, The dob just didn't feel the same without a beer sitting there! Sorry to let you all down. Normal service will resume at the weekend, I will make sure I post a pic 🙂

9 hours ago, Pixies said:

Exactly. How do we know that Barry's not been taken over!

That is uncanny, Just like looking in the mirror 1st thing! 🙂

baz

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, it's a thread revival but another new owner wants to post another picture - pointed in this direction from a comment on my first light report 😁

The 200P, which my Mrs refers to as......... The Atom Bomb.... ??? Kinda like it actually! In bed with my Celestron 12x70s 🤭

20220208_193851.jpg

• Like 15

21 hours ago, OK Apricot said:

Well, it's a thread revival but another new owner wants to post another picture - pointed in this direction from a comment on my first light report 😁

The 200P, which my Mrs refers to as......... The Atom Bomb.... ??? Kinda like it actually! In bed with my Celestron 12x70s 🤭

20220208_193851.jpg

They look great in the living room, huh? She’ll come round. Mine keeps moving around, moving targets and all…

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

.....or in my case, show us your dobs! I've posted this pic before in another thread but I thought it might add a little to the proceedings.

IMG_20220218_162948.thumb.jpg.65f717028643799d67845386b59312c7.jpg

Left to right: my daughter's Skywatcher Heritage 100p, my Heritage 150p Flextube and my StellaLyra 200mm.

• Like 4

My Lukehurst monster waiting for darkness to fall.  It showed me some Leo galaxies and the Owl nebula before it was time to pack up  

50E451BA-C965-4D1B-8A2F-885AECF2D726.jpeg

Edited by Ludd
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, Ludd said:

My Lukehurst monster waiting for darkness to fall.  It showed me some Leo galaxies and the Owl nebula before it was time to pack up  

50E451BA-C965-4D1B-8A2F-885AECF2D726.jpeg

Nice!! - what's the aperture?

On 28/02/2022 at 20:03, Mr Spock said:

Here's the 12" StellaLyra Dob. It's big and cuddly 😜

1937043740_DSC_0209_DxO1200.jpg.d2e8786461b3807ff747bb3871c3a83f.jpg

Very nice. I think you have the ideal 2 scope setup Michael. Whilst I still swoon for the frac, I’d love a 12” dob with premium mirrors. One day… 

• Like 1