Stargazers LoungeĀ Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

GavStar

New acquisition - William Optics Pegasus

Just got this delivered today - first one in the UK I think. And some clear skies so hopefully will be using it shortly...

A66D1E44-EB7E-42B8-AD15-CAFAB35E3459.jpeg

• Like 14

Looks wonderful!

I did manageĀ to give it an initial test. The build quality is fantastic, better than I expected, the focusers are not that far behind a feather touch.

The ems is a dream to use and very easy to collimateĀ the scopes with the x and y knobs. Great views with my 24mm pans and plenty of in focus (Iā€™m guessing the tubes have been shortened a fair bit compared to the mono 103). Itā€™s a great fit with my Panther TTS mount.

I had a kowa highlander previously which I didnā€™t get on with but this wo Pegasus is very impressive - really looking forward to the next time (which might be a while away looking at the forecast)

C821C7BE-0643-46BB-8B0D-07CD1AFAD01F.thumb.jpeg.f80b55cab634b6067c3e04365260d9f5.jpeg

Ā 

With my double night vision setup it looks a teeny bit silly, but works great - two eyes are definitely better than one!

Ā 

269A059E-E892-48DA-A560-E3725C27315F.jpeg

• Like 8

Wow!

An evening with that rig could have one entertainingĀ the idea of selling off everything else.

• Like 1

I went wow at the first images and wondered about you andĀ  NV.
The next posting and the double NV had me choking on my Coffee.

Congratulations on your lottery win.

• Haha 2

On 29/01/2020 at 01:43, GavStar said:

With my double night vision setup it looks a teeny bit silly, but works great - two eyes are definitely better than one!

There's only one solution to this aesthetic dilemma, bigger binoculars!Ā 

My poor humour aside, that's a truly impressive rig, bet the wide field views are amazing with the NV, even under LP.Ā 

• Haha 1

Bigger... nah, faster maybe.... (the NV user does not prioritise aperture). Itā€™ll be fun seeing what this rig can deliver.

PEter