Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
First night - missed the target and took lots of images of some nearby stars
Second night - 35 x 2 min
Third night - 60 x 2 min
I've tried stacking the two nights separately and all together to give a total of 3 hours, but the stacked images all turn out roughly same. Think I must be limited somewhere else and the extra data isn't being captured. The best of the batch was a very quick process of night 3, 2 hours. I was happy to see the bubble shape and a bit of cloudy bits 👍
Bresser AR 102/600 - Bresser HD camera - Stacked in Siril, simple process in Pixinsight
In an effort to improve on my image of the Bubble Nebula from a few years ago, I decided that my existing data needed a longer integration time...... so at a total integration time of just over 26 hours here's the result. The image, taken with my Esprit 150, is an LRGB rendition with an Ha blend into the Red and Lum channels. I was particularly interested in seeing how much detail I could extract on the bubble itself, so I decided that it looks best cropped.
LIGHTS: L: 33, R: 27, G:27, B:23 x 600s, Ha:16 x1800s, BIAS:100, DARKS:20, FLATS:40 all at -20C.
Hello, this is my first attempt on NGC 7635 with my skywatcher 250pds on an NEQ6 synscan mount. These are 7min subs stacked to a total exposure of 5 hours taken with my unmodified canon 700d and a skytech cls filter. No coma corrector was used as I haven't gotten one yet. I'm just wondering how I could make my images look clearer when zoomed in and improve them overall as I can see the image gets more blurry when I zoom in onto the bubble, should I use a higher magnification? Do I need to take more darks to get rid of the redness around the image ? Or perhaps I stretched the image too much in Photoshop? I used 10 darks, 60 bias and 60 flat frames.
Update: I have now further processed my image with greater care and got a much better result.
The bubble nebula. Not much to add about the target itself as it is already popular enough.
A combination of HOO shot with the ASI1600MMC + Astronomik narrowband filters through the 200mm newtonian tube removed from the dobson base and put on the EQ6-R.
About 6h of exposure through the Oxygen filter and about 9h through the Hydrogen filter.
Clicking on the pictures will redirect to the astrobin images where you can watch them in full resolution.
Thanks for watching and clear skies to you too!
This is a wide field image from my Canon 300mm telephoto lens from about a week ago. Never got the chance to collect the corresponding RGB data before it disappeared behind my obsy wall, so since I am a sucker for colour I took the liberty to colourize it. After all it is mainly Ha in this object, but as soon as I get RGB data I will post the proper version but I am afraid that it will not happen this season as it is getting low on the horizon. Unmodded Canon 60D with Astronomik 12nm Ha clip filter. ISO1600. 15 x 10 min.
Comments & suggestions most welcome, including angry ones that argue that Ha images should be in B/W