Narrowband

Bubble & companions

gorann

I spent Friday night collecting 13 hours on the well known Bubble nebula (NGC7635) together with two less known emission nebulas, Sh2-159 (down to the right) and NGC7538 (upper right). Aladin Sky Atlas gives no name for the black nebulosity in the centre.

RGB collected with Esprit 150 and ASI071 (75 x 5 min). Ha collected with Esprit 100 and ASI1600 (27 x 15 min, Baader 3.5 nm Ha). Both side my side on the Mesu200 in my obsy. Ha added to the red channel in blend mode Lighten as 50%.

The Bubble nebula came clearly out as more bluish-red than the others so expect there may be quite a bit of Oiii in it.

Clouds moved in at 0100 and they have apparently decided to remian for at least a week.....

20200124 Bubble&CoRGB PS29smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 9

Colourful. There's a lot going on in this image, but the bubble is the centerpiece. I think that with this much glowing gas, nobody even thought of naming that dark streak. Maybe it's up to you?

7 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Colourful. There's a lot going on in this image, but the bubble is the centerpiece. I think that with this much glowing gas, nobody even thought of naming that dark streak. Maybe it's up to you?

Thanks Wim. Maybe "The Bubble's Dark Companion"?

I have now seen it on at least one other image on the net, so it is real and not a result of a dust bunny and me refusing using light frames and instead trying to keep everything clean.