Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APP trial part 2

rubecula

I know there are much, much better images of Thor's Helmet, but I'm quite chuffed with this one.  It's so low down in the murk that between the observatory cill and neighbours roofs I only get 1.5hrs a night on it.  This is a HOO image from 14 x 600sec Ha and 19 x 600 sec OIII, a total of 6.5 hrs. I took the two sets of subs through APP steps 1 to 6 and then moved them unstretched to PS for further processing.  I'm coming round to APP even though it seems a bit pricey for "just" stacking.  I've got two weeks left of the trial period to go!

261040902_NGC2359ThorsHelmetAPP21-01-20.thumb.jpg.61043cc5f64ce3f9c64c04b6a06a05e5.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I'm coming round to APP even though it seems a bit pricey for "just" stacking. 

Once you get to use light pollution removal tool and mosaic registration I’m fairly certain you will see the value in this product 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

I’ve tried both APP and PixInsight and have really fallen for the latter. Unfortunately it is even more expensive but I can’t live without it now having used it. 

Just can’t get on with APP for some reason...

You’re getting good results from it though. Thor’s Helmet is on my list of early targets to try and nail :)

• Thanks 1

I'm convinced, finally succumbed and bought a copy.  Good luck with the Helmet Danny.  I tried to get some more data the other day but the seeing was dreadful so had to delete 8 subs as they would probebly have made things worse.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I'm convinced, finally succumbed and bought a copy.  Good luck with the Helmet Danny.  I tried to get some more data the other day but the seeing was dreadful so had to delete 8 subs as they would probebly have made things worse.

That's great new Robin.  You wont regret it.  I spent a few months doing light pollution removal incorrectly.  It is worth taking time and watching the tutorials the website.

• Thanks 1